question

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe asked

victron bms wont allow quattro to charge or invert.

Hi

I have been having some issues with my system after i added a 3rd smart battery.

Firstly the Quattro would only turn on when i did a re-detect on the CCGX. But after then it would operate as normal.

We went away last weekend and i noticed the batteries were down to 30% when i raedy to come home. , however we were on shore power. The quattro was marked on the CCGX as in pass-thro mode although the unit was physically switched to ON.

When i checked the graphs in VRM the unit operated correctly Inverting as we tavelled then charging the batteries on arrival when connected to shore power.. Soon a the unit switches to passthrough mode where it stayed.

When i got back i have updated the firmwire in both the ccGx and the Quattro to the latest.

On completion this allowed the Quattro to Charge.

But this was because i updated the Quattro using the Android connect app and despite configuring the charge settings for Lithium i then had to use the remote vrm to reload the ve bms assistant.

As soon as i uploaded the assistant the Quattro went back into pass thro mode which allows just the AC through to power connected loads on the AC out but nothing else.

SO i can assume the VE BMS is telling the Quattro not to allow charge or discharge.

I also have a red low battery flashing red light on the Quattro. my Batteries are not low they are now at 79%. No faults showing on the bms etc

I have attached a rough schematic of my system .

I have also attached a screenshot of the widgets if this helps at the point the inverter changed to passthro

On my CCGX settings the VE bus shows

"an assistent is loaded an configured for a BMS but none can be found"

the settings box for the bms has allow to charge / discharge disabled and BMS error as YES

I intend to check all my RG45 leadsand wires etc as a first port of call tomorrow.

I will also connect the batteries individually to see if there is a problem there although they all look fine on the connect app

But what else should I check?

i was considering swapping the bms for another to cross out that being faulty?

I would really appreciate some help with this one

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerBMS
vrm.jpg (204.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe answered ·

I have checked all my RJ45 cables which are fine.

As are my A/C in out and battery connections.

I have re-loaded the BMS assistent into the quattro with no success.

The bms is showing a light on it saying quattro enables and is allowing batteries ot discharge via the Battery protect.

It just seem te quattro cannot see it.

I have tried both ports in the quattro it makes no difference

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe answered ·

O.K. for the help of others i have solved the problem.

I replaced the VE bus BMS and the system is back up running as it should be.

After removing the old ve bms bus and looking inside the RJ45 appeture i could see some corrosion.

The area its located is a dry area which is strange.

Because i have put a new one in i cannot say for certain if this was the issue causing a bad connection or if there was an internal problem with the Ve bus bms.

But if someone has a similar problem it gives you some direction where to look.

2 |3000

jaywolfe avatar image
jaywolfe answered ·

here is the bms not found

bms-bus-error.jpg (180.0 KiB)
2 |3000

johnjnr avatar image
johnjnr answered ·

Hi, I am also having a similar issue.

Did you get this resolved?

1 comment
2 |3000

jaywolfe avatar image jaywolfe commented ·

John see above answer, i found some corrosion on the pins where the RJ45 cable plugs into the BMS. Cleaned it and now works perfectly

0 Likes 0 ·