question

dean-d avatar image
dean-d asked

Skylla BYD 48v charging, is it possible?

We have a system with 2 x 5kW Multiplus 2 in ESS. The customer also wants to have generator backup.

The Multiplus won't accept the generator on the NZ4777 grid code(via a changeover switch), so we need another way for it to work.

I'm wondering if we can charge the 48V BYD lithium battery bank via a separate 48v charger.

Has anybody done this?

BYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dean-d avatar image
dean-d answered ·

Or is there another charger that will work with BYD?

For it to link into the CCGX, we could use a shunt

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

Maybe you can try to use DC generator (~100VDC) connected to MPPT 250/100 solar charger (on PV input) and charge the batteries this way.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I think you can use the "VE.Bus System Configurator" to setup the system that at one Multi you connect the grid with the correct grid code and at the other Multi you connect the generator without the grid code.

But I'm not sure what happens with surplus solar power when running at the generator.

2 |3000