question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

What is the Victron policy on providing help to customers by its dealers?

What kind of help can I expect from Victron dealers after buying Victron products?

Is this help free or I have to pay for it?

victronHelp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

I would guess that would depend on the nature of the help! I’ve found my Victron dealer (Battle Born Batteries) to be available for for advice on settings and such, though they don’t do any hands on helping with my system (they didn’t install it). They haven’t charged anything for answering a ton of questions.

Victron seems very selective about picking distributors. What sort of assistance would you be needing?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pracman avatar image
pracman answered ·

Tough one with out knowing the details. I am very fortunate to get amazing support via Victron and my batteries manufacture. The Original installer went Dodo dead and next was helpful yet I am on my third and best, ( Sorry Gerry Love you)

1.If its a installation wiring issue- Installer is the fixer or possibly helping you pay to fix the errors they made with some one that is more capable perhaps?

2. If its a victon systems set up see 1 resolution.

Any Item 1 will be of interests to Victron I think.

The third option is what we do ourselves by our own choices.

Hope you get your issues resolved.

2 |3000

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

To clarify, here is the background to my situation.

When my current on-grid Inverter lost its "brain" and support (manufacturer went belly-up), I started looking for replacement. I called Fronius. When very nice guy from Fronius heard about my problems with the quality of my grid, he suggested to invest in the Victron system rather than Fronius Hybrid inverter, I was asking him about.

So, I started looking and found the new MultiPlus-II.

The big "plus" for this solution was that it can be set as 3-phase system simply by buying 3 units.

After weeks of digging through Internet and learning from Victron site, I went for 2 MultuPlus-II 48/3000 and EasySolar-II 48/3000/GX/MPPT250/70. Later on I found out, that to program them, I need the MK3-USB interface so I got that one too. I am afraid that it is not all since I do not know what grid code is set in the units, and to change/set it I will probably need different interface.

The store, I got this equipment from, tried to help me by asking his Victron source to give me a call with proper info, because he could not answer my questions.

Two months has passed and I am still waiting for this call. :)

Now I have all this "stuff" hanging on the wall next to my current ailing on-grid Inverter.

I am not even sure if the distances between them are correct since manual does not specify minimum distances between units. It only say no less than 100mm to "something".

I tried to find the answer to it here but did not get one. I only got involved in a discussion about warranty and it was not my intention.

Before I can go further and start wiring I need to know if they can hang 100mm from each other.

I am slowly getting ready to call this Victron dealer, but before I do that I would like to now what kind of help can I expect from him and how much it will cost me.

Hence my initial question to the community, but maybe someone from Victron will be willing to answer it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

Yes you can hang them 100mm distance a part etc. To configure them for 3 phase installation, then need to have all the same size and type and model number with all the same firmware uploaded, to work correctly using VE Flash. Then you need to use VE bus configure to setup the 3 phase network.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic