question

jaym avatar image
jaym asked

How to connect a BMS to phoenix 12/3000 inverter?

Can someone please help me out? I would like to know how to connect the victron bms to my 12/3000 Inverter and also have a on/off switch connected to the inverter.

Lithium BatteryBMSPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Which BMS do you have?
https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems

With the VE.Bus BMS you can use a RJ45 cable (and install the "VE.Bus BMS assistant" into the Phoenix - Edit: assistant not needed for a Phoenix).
You should be able to use the remote connector to connect an external ON/OFF switch.

With the miniBMS or the Smart BMS CL 12/100 you need the "Inverting remote on-off cable" and connect it to the remote connector of the Phoenix and the "load disconnect" of the BMS.
To also be able to remotely switch the Phoenix ON/OFF you can connect a switch between the BMS and the single red wire of the "Inverting remote on-off cable"

The BMS 12/200 is not designed to supply such a big inverter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jaym avatar image
jaym answered ·

Thank you Matthias!

i have got the VE.Bus BMS, but the store where i bought this told me that i can not connect a RJ45 cable to my 12-3000 inverter because thats only for the multiplus, and i should get the mini bms instead but with no possibility for an on/off switch. So i was confused.

opening the inverter i can see 2 ports, does it matter which port to use?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

The port doesn't matter but maybe you have to update the firmware of the Phoenix.

0 Likes 0 ·