question

Philipp Trenz avatar image
Philipp Trenz asked

MultiPlus-II GX 48/3000/35-32 compatible to LG Chem RESU 6.5?

Hey here,

I'm wondering if the MultiPlus-II GX 48/3000/35-32 can be used together with an LG Chem RESU 6.5. Especially I'm interested, if this is combination is certified or tested by anyone.

As can be read here, the combination of MultiPlus-II and a LG Chem RESU needs a GX interface to trigger the keep-alive via CAN-bus at the RESU. So I'm wondering if this can be done by the GX-version of the MultiPlus-II, so that no extra device is needed to be installed.

Thanks in advance!

Multiplus-IIVenus GX - VGXLG Chem RESU
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lenkil avatar image
lenkil answered ·

Hi here,

after reading the docs made available by Victron I have the same problem as raised by phtr: Is the Multiplus II GX confirmed compatible to the resu 48V series by LG chem?

Comparing the BMS Can spec (initially labeled as VE.Can in early versions of the multiplus II GX) to the resu requirements this should be the case. However, is there any confirmation available?

Docs clearly propose to use CCGX or Cerbo. I'm wondering whether this is due to some incompatibility, or due to the fact that the multiplus GX wasn't yet available at the time of writing.

Any enlightment on the topic would be very much appreciated.

@phtr

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

MultiPlus-II GX is a GX device like CCGX, Cerbo GX, Venus GX, Octo GX

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

So yes, it will work with a MultiPlus-II GX.

2 |3000