question

David avatar image
David asked

Cannot add new Cerbo GX to my VRM Installations

I bought a Brand New Cerbo GX which was delivered today. I set it up to talk to the MiFi and checked in the remote console it is communicating with VRM. All that seems fine.

But I cannot add it to my VRM Account. It would seem that it is already in someone elses VRM Installation despite being a brand new Cerbo?

See the screenshot below and the message in bottom right I get when I try and add it to my installations.

Are these being tested to check they talk to VRM and forgotten to be removed afterwards?

What is the remedy for this as I obviously do not know who the Administrator of this Cerbo installation is to contact (as it should not have one!).

Looking at other posts, it seems this is not a unique problem for the Cerbo?

Thanks,

cerbo gxVRM
1597337336700.png (235.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Contact your dealer there was a batch of Cerbos with the same VRM ID.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David avatar image David commented ·

Thanks for reply. I think I am going to have to do that.

I just read something along those lines and about updating the firmware to get a fresh ID.
So just went and updating the firmware from 2.57 to 2.58 and rebooted....

New VRM ID now but when I go to add the Cerbo to my installations, I get the exact same problem ..."All administrators of the installation have been notified ...." :(

0 Likes 0 ·
David avatar image
David answered ·

Went to check again before calling Supplier and I could add the Cerbo this time to my installations.

I will call to check but I am thinking maybe they added to VRM checking something (I think they may up updated firmware before shipping?) and when they got an email requesting a user be added realised they forget to delete the Cerbo again and did so this morning.

2 |3000

djdemond avatar image
djdemond answered ·

If you are using Raspberry Pi and Venus OS, the VRM ID will be determined by the mac address. My first raspberry pi got attached to the wrong account, so I could not add it later to a different VRM account. I changed raspberry pi devices and it solved the problem, I could attach the new VRM portal ID that was generated it to my VRM account.

It might be possible to change the MAC on the RPI instead of using a different device.

2 |3000