question

thesee avatar image
thesee asked

Smart dongle disconnect

Every now and again I have one of my blue tooth smart dongles not transmitting! I have to disconnect and reconnect to make it work, It’s always the same one. It’s connected to the older type of Victron MPPT that takes it’s power from the panels so at night it switches off. Any one know of a fix for this?

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
thesee avatar image
thesee answered ·

Yes the screen shot is from when this happened. Yes I can see the dongle but not the MPPT. When I select the dongle nothing happens, the hour timer just spins. Once I unplug the dongle and plug back in it all works fine again for a couple of days. I will try for another screen shot I’m not sure I can do the service report?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi,

The procedure to make a service report is described here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_create_a_victronconnect_service_report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
thesee avatar image
thesee answered ·

Same again today, I am unable to add the service report. Very frustrating! do you have an email address I can try and send it to directly please.

2 comments
2 |3000

@Thesee

Can you perhaps give the serial number and the firmware version of the MPPT?
This might help us in reproducing the problem.

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
thesee avatar image thesee Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

The MPPT is 100/30 Version 1.50 serial No HQ1427B24EM

0 Likes 0 ·
thesee avatar image
thesee answered ·

It happened again today. I am unable to attach the service report. Do you have an email that I can try and send it to directly please.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic