question

bradders avatar image
bradders asked

Consumed A/H showing zero and time remaining is infinite

I have a BMV-712 smart connected to two 110AH lead acid leisure batteries joined in parallel and at 12v. The battery side of the shunt is connected to the leisure battery neutral and the load side is connected to the chassis of the van. All loads to do with my van connect to the chassis (and so to the shunt). I have nothing connected to the two little screws on both sides of the shunt.

The consumed A/H consistently reads zero and the time remaining is at infinite. I have taken two screen shots which may help. As in previous answers to this type of question, the connections are correct, so I can’t quite understand what’s going on. I would be grateful for any help.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bottemlesspits avatar image
bottemlesspits answered ·

@Bradders

Have a list you should follow

1. Confirm no loads/chargers are connected to negative side of battery.(everything should be load side)

2. IF point one is confirmed remove load side from shunt and do a Zero current calibration.

3 reconnect load side and do a test if available make use of a tong tester to confirm current flow out

should be positive if charging and negative if pulling out of battery through shunt on display/mobile phone.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bradders avatar image
bradders answered ·

Thanks for the suggestion. I’m currently on the Isle of Wight, so I will try it when I get back on Thursday and update you.

Bradders

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

On the first screenshot you have 0.47A going into the battery so you can't have consumed Ah and the remaining time is infinite.
Consumed Ah and a time-to-go you will only see if you pull energy out of the battery.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic