question

Bryan avatar image
Bryan asked

BMS Configuration Help

Hello, I’m hoping someone can assist in shortening my learning curve.

I have a 5k Quattro

CCGX

BMS box

5 x Victron Smart Lithium

3000 watts of solar on 8 victron mppts

Generator

the system was in parallel when I purchased the boat with the understanding that one Quattro would be removed as part of the sale, converting it all to standalone.

It was programmed by the previous owner and it’s barely working.

Issues:

1.) I constantly receive a ‘Grid Lost’ error.
2.) I constantly receive a ‘Temp sense error’

3.) The solar which previously would put out close to 3k watts and over 100 amps will only put out 500 watts or so, and maybe 10 or 15 amps.

I have a MK3 device for programming, it appears looking at the settings on the CCGX that something isn’t talking.

The BMS control, Solar Charge current Control and Solar charge voltage control all show an unknown state on the CCGX

If there were an expert, I’d hire them for this but there’s nobody in this area that has any real knowledge.

Can someone help me get started and how I diagnose, or troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks!

warnings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Bryansampica, if you are in Aruba.. I can help you.

Regards, Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Bryan avatar image
Bryan answered ·

Thanks Rob,

Im in Martinique at the moment, no plans to head to Aruba any time soon, any resources you know this way? Any way you can assist remotely?

Thank you,

Bryan

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic