question

posde avatar image
posde asked

Multiplus Compact 12/2000/80 - Shuts off during charge

A cmp012202000 is connected to 100Ah LifePo4 battery.

Setting the Multiplus to charge turns on the right blue LED (mains on) and the yellow LED ( bulk) on the attached multi control panel. After 10 seconds or so, the fan comes on, and another few seconds later, you hear a lot click, the LEDs go off (the digital display of charging AMPs set to 8 atm stays on).

Sometimes, when the yellow absorption LED is on, the charger operates continously.

Also, if I change to On (instead of Charge), it will turn off as well. First both blue LEDs are on, than all are off.

I am desperate, sitting here on a campground with the need of a working setup.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargererror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

A full description of what you have connected would be helpful however.

You may find that the batteries BMS its turning off and not the inverter/charger. this is only a guess

The information you have supplied is not enough.

also download the Victron toolkit app and check the light sequences against the app as this may help you

Please add

Battery voltages. when the lights change

a wiring diagram of how everything is connected.

some pictures of the setup

a video of the lights when they change would also help

I would also suggest that you contact the dealer who installed the gear or the one that sold it to you or your local Victon dealer ( there mayba a cost for there time) in your area and see if they can help. this maybe a better option all round for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.