question

lars-h-1 avatar image
lars-h-1 asked

VictronConnect doesn't find my BlueSolar MPPT 75/15

I have a MPPT 75/15 charger with a VE Direct USB cable connected to my ThinkPad laptop. But the VictronConnect program doesn't find the MPPT. The VictronConnect is v.5.27, and I also have installed the v2.12.16 VE Direct USB driver. Anyone know why?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hello @Lars H.

Lets first check if windows actually recognizes the VE.Direct USB cable. When you right click on the start menu, there is an entry "Device Manager" and click on that. Windows will now show a list of devices in and/or connected to the laptop. Check if there is a "Ports (COM & LPT)" item which you can expand. This should contain an entry for the VE.Direct cable.

If this is the case, can you please make a Service Report in VictronConnect and post that here? Then we can try to figure out from the logs what is going on.

If there is no entry, there might be something wrong with the cable or the USB port. Did you also try a different USB port on the laptop?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lars-h-1 avatar image lars-h-1 commented ·

By the moment I'm at home and the equipment is in my leasure boat. Next time I'm in my boat I will follow your sugestions and give a report. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes 0 ·
lars-h-1 avatar image lars-h-1 commented ·

Hi.

I have tested with different USB-ports and laptops, same sad result. As I understand, the laptop find the cable, but no connection to my MPPT 75/15. A Bluetouth dongle did either not find the MPPT, but showed up at my mobile. Is the conclusion that the interphase at the MPPT 75/15 is corrupted? Time to investst in a smart module?

Regards Lars H.

0 Likes 0 ·
mppt-usb.jpg (43.8 KiB)
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ lars-h-1 commented ·

Hi Lars,

Can you please make a service report in VictronConnect when you are connected to the MPPT with the VE.Direct USB cable and post that service report here?

The procedure to make a service report is described here:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_create_a_victronconnect_service_report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
lars-h-1 avatar image lars-h-1 Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thanks, to be done next time I'm in the boat.

0 Likes 0 ·
lars-h-1 avatar image lars-h-1 lars-h-1 commented ·

Here are a a service report. victron_service_report.log

0 Likes 0 ·
Randy Meade avatar image
Randy Meade answered ·

I'm having the same issue. VC finds my 100/30 controller but it won't recognize my 75/15 using the same cable\computer running Windows 10.

6 comments
2 |3000

Hi @RM52

What is the serial number (HQxxxxxxxxx) of the 75/15?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Randy Meade avatar image Randy Meade Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

I find two numbers on the back. I assume one of them may be the serial number?

they are:

SCC010015050R

and

HQ1750NCMXQ

Also I should add that I was able to connect to it up until about two years ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
Randy Meade avatar image Randy Meade Randy Meade commented ·

Any update?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ Randy Meade commented ·

Hello @RM52,

I must have missed the message with the serial number. But using the serial number (HQ1750NCMXQ ) I found that your MPPT 75/15 was already a bit newer and was produced with a firmware version that should be supported by VictronConnect.

This makes me suspect that the VE.Direct port on the MPPT 75/15 is not working properly anymore.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
Randy Meade avatar image Randy Meade Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thanks. Is that something that is covered under warranty? Unit is about 2 1/2 yrs old.

0 Likes 0 ·

Just checking in to see if theres an update since I replied with the serial #?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources