question

steve-chaffey avatar image
steve-chaffey asked

Easy solar, power assist not working, tripping generator

I have a Victron easy solar 24/3000/70/50, we are using power assist but vacuum cleaner trips the generator, we have set our input current limit to suit generator size and also tried dynamic current limiter.

powerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Steve Chaffey

Use the colour control and put the input current limit down even further. Most generators derate at altitude and temperature, or it has a not so great voltage regulation unit. So it is possibly not able to make its rated power.

We have a 2.2kva through our 3kva easy solar and manage the vaccuming fine. You don't mention the size of your generator or vaccum, so just guessing here, ours is set a 4 A input. It also trips out if we go higher, but then it's not a great generator; in theory it should be able to give 10A in reality it is very different.

In good sun though with the right amount of solar in installed you will never need the generator to run the vacuum.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

steve-chaffey avatar image steve-chaffey commented ·

Thanks @Alexandra, I have a 3kva generator and yes after a number of tries I have reduced my current limit from 12A to 6A and it now works, but, it also reduces the capacity of my generator by half, anything over 6A come from my batteries which I’m trying to charge and run the house. My 3kva generator will work with normal load up to 12A but won’t handle the startup load of my vacuum cleaner and sometimes my pressure water pump.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic