question

sunlee avatar image
sunlee asked

Displaying battery current although there is consumption

Hi I have 75-15 Bluetooth mppt and 2x110 w solar panels. Although there is no consumption on the battery the app shows 10 current like there is a device consuming energy. I also have a LCD digital display and it shows no consumption. I wonder why the app shows current and accordingly the solar panels keep producing energy. Thank you

BMV Battery Monitor
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Can you make some screenshots?

0 Likes 0 ·
sunlee avatar image sunlee Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Hi Matthias I attached couple of photos.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
sunlee avatar image
sunlee answered ·

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The current shown in the VictronConnect app is the charging current from the MPPT (from solar) into the battery.

3 comments
2 |3000

sunlee avatar image sunlee commented ·

Thank you but I guess you mean the current under “solar” tab. I meant the current value under “battery” tab (2.60A in the first example) so even there is no battery usage (only 0.33A as you may see from the screen of the other device) the app shows 2.6A. I also add another example and in that example although there is 7.53A use, the app only shows 3.40 A. There is a discrepancy between the measurements

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ sunlee commented ·

The solar current ist the current from the solar panels to the MPPT, the battery current is the current from the MPPT to the battery.

The MPPT doesn't show any consumption.

0 Likes 0 ·
sunlee avatar image sunlee Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thank you Matthias fır your valuable support.

0 Likes 0 ·
Trina avatar image
Trina answered ·

Looks good.

Your mppt is turning that 1.2a

into 3.4a charging!

P.S.

If you see discrepancies down the road between your MPPT vs. LCD display that are subtle it might be due to either mppt draw or LCD draw vs the other but should even out over a broader sample time (like 30 minutes etc) it you track it over a longer period of time.

2 |3000