question

crawfosj avatar image
crawfosj asked

BMV 712 & CTEK D250SA & iPhone

Hey all,

Couple of questions:

Wiring a HardKorr 200w solar blanket into my D250SA in the truck dual battery set-up, +ve to the solar input obviously but I've put the solar -ve into the common -ve on the CTEK, is this right to have it on the load side of the 712 shunt or should it go onto the battery side? Can't quite get my head around this, output has to all go load side but input? Also would it be worth bypassing the CTEK altogether and using a SmartSolar - I've heard the solar algorithm on the CTEK doesn't get the best out of the panels. So far with full sun & no load the 712 (as wired above) is reading 14.6V for the battery, usage is +5-6W & +0.6A - forgive my ignorance but is that low current because the battery is fully charged and the CTEK is just floating?

Next thing - I get stuck on the dreaded 20% connect forever every time I open the app - each time I want to connect through the iphone (SE) I have to power the whole phone down and back on again before it registers. It's not the end of the world but a PITA nonetheless. Phone firmware is updated as is the 712.

Cheers, Stu.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic