question

duffer41 avatar image
duffer41 asked

Cerbo Gx or CCGX Auto Gen Start for Onan QG 4000

I have ordered a 2021 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 26T and it comes with the Onan QG 4000. It does have a remote switch in the coach to turn on the generator.

I would like a wiring diagram to both the CCGX and to the new Cerbo GX. I am looking at the Cerbo/ Touch GX combination as an alternative to the CCGX. Ultimately I will go the direction of which one serves my purposes better and works easier with the Onan Auto Gen Start.

I will be using all Victron components:

150/100 MPPT VE. Can Solar Charger

10x95 Zamp Solar Panels

4x200ah Smart Lithium Batteries

Victron Battery Monitor

Either the 12/3000 Multi-plus Inverter charger or the 12/5000 Quatro

I am also looking at adding the SeaLevel II tank monitoring system. (if I go the Cerbo GX route I would like to use in in connection to this system using the NMEA2k connection)

This would all be connected to either the CCGX or the Cerbo/Touch GX.

Please advise on the wiring diagram for both and what parts are necessary to make this work. I will want to have the generator start and stop based on the state of charge parameters I set as well as time blocks during quite hours.

Thank you for anyone who can help me sort this all out.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercerbo gxCCGX Color Controltank monitorauto gen start
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

harold avatar image harold commented ·

What kind of switch is it? Just on/off?

Than you can use CCGX or Cerbo relais paralel to the switch.

0 Likes 0 ·
duffer41 avatar image duffer41 harold commented ·

Yes, it is just an on/off switch with hour meter.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold duffer41 commented ·

which means there is a starter logic in the generator, just use the relais of the GX device on the same wires or connections as the switch.

0 Likes 0 ·
duffer41 avatar image duffer41 harold commented ·

What relays do I need to buy specifically?

0 Likes 0 ·
duffer41 avatar image duffer41 duffer41 commented ·

Also the switch, requires a prime to start so I believe the relays will need timing functionality.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mrseas avatar image
mrseas answered ·

Both of these questions have been addressed just recently with in depth answers . Do a search on the community and you should get your answers.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Use a Cerbo gx

the ccgx is beginning to come to the end as we know it, lagging in processing power and the cerbo is the future.

If you don’t need a display all the time just use a Venus, and you can use your tablet to see what’s going on when your interested.

2 |3000