question

stevecounsell avatar image
stevecounsell asked

3 x Parallel Connected Batteries can take 10 amps each, can I charge them at 30 amps

I have a battery bank with 3 X Yuasa EFB 100Amh batteries which are rated to take up to 10 amps each. Can I charge the bank at 30 amps with a MPPT 100/30 Charge Controller?

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingbattery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Yes.
A short word on wiring parallel banks. Please ensure that the positive and negative leads come off at opposite ends of the parallel set, ie. don't take both wires off one physical battery at one end. This will ensure the current is balanced evenly over each battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevecounsell avatar image stevecounsell commented ·

Brilliant, thanks for the info. I’m thinking of going the “busbar” rout and connecting all batteries to positve and negative busbars and but unsure about that. Been looking at the Lynx PowerIn and Distributor to achieve that. What do you think?

0 Likes 0 ·
ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

Hi Steve I have the yuasa L36-EFB 100ah and I have contacted yuasa technical on various occasions.

They sent me the data sheet for this battery and I have attached it for charging correctly.

Float voltage 13.65v

Absorption voltage 14.4v

Max charge current 7A

They still haven’t got back to me with an equalisation voltage and at what period this battery requires it and if it even does.

I have the technical emails also if you need more information.

Please also ensure every cable going to the bus bars is the same length this is vital for even power distribution. Thus ensuring same the charging voltages.

2 |3000

ddickov avatar image
ddickov answered ·

2 |3000

alan avatar image
alan answered ·

Definitely, just make sure that the wiring is balanced. See the wiring unlimited book by victron.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic