question

clauson avatar image
clauson asked

Quattro 8kVA/24v LED error code meaning?

on a quattro 8000/24 the leds absorption and float are blinking together, but the device seems working in his functions of charger, inverter and power assist

- the blinking started after the Multicontrol panel has been connected-

the search gave me 2 (not applicable) answers:

1) temperature sensor error but the blinking remain even if sensor is disconnected

2) battery overcharging:

When AC power (main or genset) is applied, the bulk led stay on for a while, then goes off (battery 100%)

Data present on the VEConfigure panel are all OK

metered tension and current at the battery are OK

.. and the blinking remain if panel disconnected and battery at 40% SOC

- The reset to default done via VEConfigure does not solve.

What else could it be ?

led
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Clauson, to give a sensible comment on your question some more information is needed. The flashing of the LEDs, is this one by one or together. Any other LED flashing or ON or maybe OFF when it was expected to be ON.
Which Multi Controller are you using? is there a CCGX or a VE.bus BMS in your system. Is your Quattro just part of a single fase system?

Do you have a BMV? Latest firmware in the Quattro?

Regards, Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

clauson avatar image
clauson answered ·

"..the leds absorption and float are blinking together, but the device seems working..."

no other led is blinking; if setted to only charger, the charger led goes on, and for a while (I do not remember how long, but at least 15' with battery full charged) the bulk led stay on; if setted to inverter, the inverter led goes on and the inverter is working: shortly tested up to 180A 24V with shore limiter setted to 10A ( = 2.4kVA shore + 4.3kVA power assist)

When the bulk led is off the charger voltage is 2.3V x cell = 27.6V (= absorption tension as setted)

Multicontrol panel is VE, there is no BMS: the 24V bank batteries are 2x4x6V Exide gel 195Ah setted as Exide Gel A400 with bulk charging power limited to 60A.

The quattro is new, I did not check the firmware version. the device is a replacement for an older not VE 3kVA charger/inverter on a boat, as single phase inverter but the charging system is quite more complicated: wind, solar, alternator and secondary AC emergency charger, all with independent charger controller.

My only "not recommended" action is a RJ45 self crimped cable for the Multicontrol Panel: but it has passed both my lan cable tester and it is working if connected to the MK3 VE interface; anyway the leds blinking continues even if the panel is disconnected.

I did not find any other device malfunction, only this very disturbing leds blinking.

Next time I will go on board I will restore/update the firmware (when I remember how to do)

Other options?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic