question

bossrox avatar image
bossrox asked

5.22 update frustration (solved)

I've had my 150/100 for 6 months & just decided to connect it to my windows 7 laptop. I downloaded the latest version, installed the drivers & when I open the program it say cannot run it without an update but strangely it says current version 1.37 & needs version 1.50 but I installed 5.22? So I guessed it would update automatically but 1/2 hour waiting & nothing happens. So I looked for a download of this 1.50, found nothing. This is not the kind of problems I'd expect buying the most expensive prestige controller. What should I do? This is most frustrating!

Update: My mistake, I started out with 5.22 & got the update msg, then tried 5.26 & got the same notice. I see there's a 5.27 now so I'll give it a try. If that doesn't work I guess I'll try the android app.

Update 2: I nstalled the app on my android & it did the needed upate where I can now use windows to access it so problem is solved, thx for the feedback!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

5.22 is the VictronConnect version. 1.37 / 1.50 is the firmware version of your MPPT. Just click on update, the firmware files are included in VictronConnect.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Elvery avatar image Marc Elvery commented ·

First update your victronconnect version to 5.26 from: https://www.victronenergy.nl/support-and-downloads/software

Then it will be able to update your MPPT to 1.50

0 Likes 0 ·
bossrox avatar image bossrox Marc Elvery commented ·

My mistake, I started off with 5.22 but when I updated to 5.26, I got the same msg. I see they got a 5.27 now, will give that a try.

0 Likes 0 ·
bossrox avatar image bossrox commented ·

No update icon appears anywhere on the notice, I floated the mouse arrow around looking for something that was clickable but nothing.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Windoze will not do bluetooth to your mppt.

Windows will let Victron Connect update your Mppt, via a VE direct>USB cable.

1 comment
2 |3000

Where did you see I used bluetooth? I did use the usb.

0 Likes 0 ·
lklmenterprises avatar image
lklmenterprises answered ·

How were you connected to the Unit in order to do the update? Bluetooth? Try via Bluetooth from a Phone instead, Install and open VictronConnect App, pair the device, and it should do the same, thing, ask to run the update from 1.37 to 1.50.

Could potentially be issues with Windows, keep in mind with it being Windows 7, it is an unsupported version of Windows, could be an issue with the Windows 7 Bluetooth stack.

2 comments
2 |3000

I used the used the usb connect & an issue with windows is what might be the trouble but I don't know how to verify that

0 Likes 0 ·
lklmenterprises avatar image lklmenterprises bossrox commented ·

Good to see you got it all sorted. Not sure where we all saw you were using BT - maybe just a bit of Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon, easy to confuse a lot of community posts for being the same posts where BT was the issue!

0 Likes 0 ·