question

herwig-maurer avatar image
herwig-maurer asked

looking for correct settings for Renogy AGM batteries

what are the correct settings on my BMV-712 Battery Meter and my MPPT 150/35 when I use my 2 Renogy 200aH Deep Cycle AGM Batteries (total of 400aH). I cannot find the settings for the Renogy AGM batteries anywhere online , want to make sure I have my BMV or MMPT set correctly for them! thank you!

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@herwig_maurer you would be best advised to reach out to Renogy for this information, as Renogy isn't a supported manufacturer. It may happen that another user here has them and so might have some input, but your best bet is definitely to contact Renogy.

Best of fortune!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ve1sk avatar image
ve1sk answered ·

I too have a similar question, I have 2 6v HB - DTA6224 224ah in series and am looking for the best settings for the Smartsolar 100/30 controller. Yes I can find the data sheet for the batteries but this does not help with how to use that information on how to set up the controller. In the manual for the controller there are 3 AGM presets but maybe the user defined may be the better option. I am assuming that the presets are 3 different algorithms which are less that 1 volt ( Absorption, the float voltages are the same) between the 3 but are applied to the batteries in 3 different ways.

Steve

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic