question

kafolske avatar image
kafolske asked

Can the Multiplus Temperature Sensor be attached to the VE.Bus Smart Dongle

I am wondering if I need to purchase a different temperature sensor to attach to the smart dongle or can I use the one that came supplied with my Mutliplus 3000?

Yes, I know you don't have to attach a temp sensor to the smart dongle, but I want accurate temperature of the batteries and am intentionally adding a sensor to the smart dongle.

Thanks.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @kafolske,

You cannot use the MultiPlus temperature sensor connected to the VE.Bus Smart Dongle terminals.

You do not need to use an external temperature probe IF you can mount the dongle itself directly on the battery. It has an internal temperature probe.

If you need external temperature, there are terminals you can connect an external probe to. You must use the probe part - ASS000100000.

It is shown in the product manual.

I have updated the documentation here too - Temperature Sensors

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kafolske avatar image
kafolske answered ·

Thanks for the update.

2 |3000