question

seike avatar image
seike asked

VE.Direct LoRaWAN LED does not blink / Connection impossible

Hello,

I bought the LoRaWAN module to be connected with my BMV-700. I put 24VDC voltage (ofcourse the polarity is right) on and connected it with the BMV. The LED still does not blink. Is the module damaged or did I overlook something?

Thank you!

BMV Battery MonitorVE.DirectLoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Lasse avatar image
Lasse answered ·

Hi Seike,

I'm sorry to hear that your unit does not seem to function as expected. I hope you have been able to resolve the issue since posting this question.

The module should always start blinking when powered. The only thing that could be wrong is that during transport the module inside the unit came loose (you can use a philips screwdriver to open the unit) [moderator's edit: please never open a Victron product unless specifically instructed to by the user manual or by an authorized Victron Service Centre, as this will generally void the warranty or, at best, greatly complicate the warranty repair/replacement process -JC] or the power supply is somehow faulty in which case you need to contact your dealer to replace the unit.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards, Lasse

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Seike, have you connected the device to a LoRaWAN gateway? I don't recall that mine was blinking before I'd connected it to my gateway... could be wrong, but you didn't mention connecting it, so that's a place to start.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Victron BMV battery monitors product page