question

bobcat avatar image
bobcat asked

Feature request for VRM/remote console: incorrect charger data and display

I have VE.Bus inverters and a VE.Can charger connected to a VenusGX. The remote console shows a blank AC input going to the inverter which would be true if I were using a Multiplus or Quatro, but this is a pair of Phoenix's in parallel so there is no AC input. The red box below should be linked to the battery charger which does have an AC input. The AC data is available via the CANbus because the remote display is connected via CANbus and displays the necessary data. The remote display just needs to provide consideration for a separate charger.

Also, this is lower priority, but chargers may also be playing as power supplies without a battery even connected. When on shorepower, I like to take my LFP cells offline for storage and just use the charger as a power supply.

It would be nice to have a couple of check boxes in the settings to allow this to be customized. Check for an inverter without AC input and the red box below would go away.

A charger only (no inverter AC output) would appear as a red box connected to battery or if PSU checked, connected to battery and inverter.

feature request
1592424534125.png (101.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.