question

mysik avatar image
mysik asked

DVCC doesn't seems to work?

Hello again.

I'm a bit confused with DVCC function.

I've charged my batteries to 100% today, which triggered BMS to stop further charge, but Multi is not stopping, DVCC setting is enabled, BMS is sending all limits to VenusGX correctly, but it looks like Multi is just ignoring it. My DVCC settings are as below:

Battery is 100% charged, BMS set the charge current limit to 0.0A, but multi is still pushing nearly 1A into the batteries:

My system is VenuxGX (with ESS Assistant) + Multiplus II 48V/3000VA + AC coupled PV + Liion batteries with Batrium BMS (connected to VenusGX via CANBus)

I've also noticed that the same thing is happening when BMS is forcing limited charging mode (battery nearly full, CCL set to 0.5A), the Multi also is not limiting power to the set current:

Is that normal??? Am I missing something? Shouldn't Multi limit the power to the set value or I just misunderstood this function?!

BMSDVCCcurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jan Zmrhala avatar image
Jan Zmrhala answered ·

Hi,

try to measure the real current which is going to batteries. The CCGX does not show the real data, just approximate data.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mysik avatar image mysik commented ·

I have shunt installed, and VenusGX is showing real data (I've also used clamp meter to double check and it is definitely correct)

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Mysik

This is well within the accuracy of the Multi's measuring capability, therefor you should (also) make sure the CVL is not too high.

Please note that in an ESS system, when loads fluctuate, DC current can also fluctuate.

2 |3000

Related Resources

DVCC chapter in GX manual  

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic