question

tinyarcher avatar image
tinyarcher asked

CCGX not displaying AC Loads

We have an a Quattro 5000 inverter/charger, battle born batteries and 1260 solar array. We don't see the AC input, inverter switch is showing off when it's on and no AC Loads on our CCGX display.

This is a photo below our system connected to shore power.

I have rebooted, unwired, rewired system many times with no luck.

CCGX did work at on time.

CCGX Color Control
img-3418.jpeg (3.1 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi @tinyarcher have you recently updated the CCGX. If not try that first. If it is not successful then contact your installer/distributer.

0 Likes 0 ·
9 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @tinyarcher

is the inverter visible / reachable in the device menu?
can you check the ve.bus connection?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tinyarcher avatar image
tinyarcher answered ·

No

No it doesn't show

img-3454.jpeg (3.3 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @tinyarcher

Well than the GX is not able to show anything about it.

So now: first check ve.bus cabling, use a new (factory made) 'ethernet' cable between multi and CCGX, check if there are no ve.CAN terminaters used on the ve.bus.

0 Likes 0 ·
tinyarcher avatar image
tinyarcher answered ·

Replaced cable with a new one with no change on display after repowering device.

There are no veCAN terminates used.

2 |3000

tinyarcher avatar image
tinyarcher answered ·

Well after all the changing cable rebooting CCGX, device still not displaying A/C input / loads.

It's bad when the top Victron support team not trying to help.

Should have went with Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter & Charger.

2 |3000

jwfrary avatar image
jwfrary answered ·

Hi

is it plugged into ve.can or bus?

If it’s in ve.can you’ll need terminators.

2 |3000

brians avatar image
brians answered ·

I'm having the same problem. I can connect and communicate to the multiplus with a MK3 using the same cable so I know the cable is good.

2 |3000

tinyarcher avatar image
tinyarcher answered ·

Update on CCGX not displaying AC loads

Vendor 1st replaced the Orion DC-DC converter. Converter wasn't reducing the voltage to 12 volts system. I had to replace some 12 volt led lighting, stereo system and other items at my own expense.

Vendor replaced the VE. Bus Smart dongle. Vendor requested I replace all of the device cabling and change their connection points.

Vendor replace CCGX display. After installation of the new device, display was working right. I checked the display a day later, display wasn't displaying the PV loads again. When I reboot the display every thing will displayed until the display times out. I have rebooted the full system serval times but when the CCGX display times out the PV load stops displaying.

All of device software are up to date.

Waiting on vendor for next step.

2 |3000

Shane Granger avatar image
Shane Granger answered ·

I have the same problem. The system was working fine until I switched it off for something. Once the CCGX (firmware 4.66) rebooted all AC readings were lost. Multi 12/3000/120 is working just fine. Solar data from the MPPT controllers displays perfectly. Tried all the usual solutions to no avail.

1 comment
2 |3000

rbienert avatar image rbienert commented ·
Hi. Did you get this resolved? I Just installed a new Multi-ii with the GX interface inside and I see nothing whatsoever on the AC load side nor on the Grid side. My lights are on and my heat pump is running so there is definitely power consumption.
0 Likes 0 ·
Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

Just faced the same issue yesterday with a new install with MII48/5000 and Cerbo. Multi works and supplies all loads. Cerbo does not see the multi . Does not see the ac loads . Does see the mppt. Cable good as can see the multi when connecting with same cable and mk3 to victron connect ! 1st time experiencing this issue.

2 |3000