question

ee21 avatar image
ee21 asked

PV Inverter on AC-Out, connected but not showing up/no AC Load total shown

Solar Edge PV inverter connected to the AC-Output side of my split-phase+parallel Multiplus installation. Monitoring is working, you can see the device pushing updates every couple seconds:

But the AC Loads totals are obviously incorrect, and the inverter is nowhere to be found... There is about 2000W draw on the Loads side:

I've tried rebooting my PV inverter, and VenusGX several times, tried to rediscover the inverter but couldn't really find a way to remove it - or my old inverter. Is it time to reset the VenusGX and start fresh or something like that?

PV Inverter is the newest "CPU" version, 4 that is controlled via SetApp on smartphone, and has no LCD screen or buttons whatsoever.

Venus OSVenus GX - VGXsolaredge
screenshot-1.png (13.5 KiB)
screenshot-2.png (26.5 KiB)
screenshot-3.png (33.6 KiB)
screenshot-4.png (9.5 KiB)
screenshot-5.png (20.8 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ee21 avatar image ee21 commented ·

Bump on this, any help anyone? I tried updating firmware which didn't seem to make a difference.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

Despite the lack of professional technical support for Victron products, I managed to figure out how to fix this on my own, nearly short of replacing the VenusGX.

Solution: I had to "factory reset" my VenusGX, something which if you ask the professionals, is not actually possible. Yet, with some help from other community members I managed to do it; full instructions here: https://community.victronenergy.com/answers/58598/view.html

screenshot-71.png (35.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·
2 |3000

ee21 avatar image
ee21 answered ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) I most certainly did, thank you for the link though :)

Did you take a moment to review my screenshots? You can clearly see the SolarEdge is connected to, and reporting data to the VenusGX

screenshot-57.png (35.8 KiB)
2 |3000

etatvictron avatar image
etatvictron answered ·

I'm having a similar problem on a new install. I have several Sunny Boy inverters, some show up in the total PV energy some do not. Newer TL-US-41 sunny boy inverters do, but older TL-US-22 do not. The older TL-US-22 units are found, they show L1 and L2 voltage but not A or W. They do show the AC total power, very similar to your problem. Maybe I need to reset like you did, but it's all new install now, and since its happening to all the older units wonder if its some problem with the TL-US-22 inverters???

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic