I live in Central America where we use the US Split phase grid system, I have a ESS system with:
- 1ea Multiplus 48/5K/ 230v
- 48v Lifepo4 Bank 450ah
- SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 rev2
- AutoTransformer 32amps
Note: the system does not feed to the grid.
I have setup my system as per Auto-transformer manual advice for Split Phase systems as below:
I have noticed from the beginning of my setup a drastic Watts measure change when Grid goes out and I already read your article here https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:ccgx_faq including the Q6.
But My case is in my opinion more drastic reading difference.
This is a normal Watts reading with Grid power:
- My home consumption says: 1016W
- Battery charge current: 48.6Amps (2452W)
Right after I open or disconnect the Grid:
- Home Power consumption: 480W (Half reading). I confirm No changes in the Real home Load equipment.
- Battery Charge Current: 58.8A (2971W) Yes the MPPT generation increases in that moment 100W but that does not justify the 500W (10Amps) Battery Charge increment. Looks like the increment in charging is due to the decrease in Loads need by the Multi+
The behavior is telling me that for some reason having a 230V Multi connected to 2 Live power lines (L1=120v + L2=120v), the Multi is duplicating the reading in the ACin/ACout side and direct affecting the battery charge performance. Since this 230v Multi+ is designed to connect L1=230v + Neutral. I think this Multi+ is not properly reading 2 live phases L1 + L2 correctly, instead it is duplicating the reading.
I have done other testing with a 3rd party watts reading and the reading is half lower than Multiplus AC Loads reading and that make me think my suspicious is correct. Can Victron staff please confirm my situation here?
I know that an option here is to get the Carlo Gavazzi meter for better reading, but I will like to ask if Victron can do a Firmware adjustment for customers that use their 230v Multis in US market before expending more money.
Thanks a lot