question

martijn avatar image
martijn asked

How to connect BlueSolar MPPT + BMV + MPPT Control

Hello there!

Spend some time searching this community but couldn't find the answer, so hopefully there is someone out there who can help me with my setup.

I currently own a BlueSolar MPPT 75/15, which just charges a battery. I want to expand my setup with a BMV + temp. sensor so I can monitor my battery status. I also want to add a MPPT Control to monitor my solar charging status to see what they are actually generating. The question; how to connect/share the temp. sensor to the BMV and MPPT ?

If possible it would be great to have the ability to see historical data as well, perhaps I can connect my smartphone as well to see historical data?

Some ideas that came up; Lot's of VE.Direct to USB cables on a hub. Lot's of VE.Direct to Bluetooth dongles to create a smart bluetooth network. I prefer wired over wireless but could it be possible?

And for the bonus, I also have a Phoenix 12/500 with VE.Direct, can I bring this in the 'smart system' as well?

Many thanks in advance!

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorBluetoothVE.Directmonitoring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

Some options

You could swap to a smartsolar, giving bluetooth and allowing a bluetooth network for the BMV to connect to. You then can monitor on a smart phone which might do for you. If you don't need the BMV display there is also the smartshunt option

Alternate- You could add a venus OS device like colour control and use that as the hub wiring the BMV, bluesolar and phoenix to it. VE direct for the BMV and bluesolar, not sure about phoenix Gives you everything at a price.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

My thoughts. One VE.direct bluetooth dongle connected to your mppt (make sure it is the latest dongle version as the earlier one is not compatible with Victron Connect), smartshunt or bmv-712 and again VictronConnect and I think you will very much have what you need.

1 comment
2 |3000

martijn avatar image martijn commented ·

Am I missing the MPPT control in your solution or can you see the MPPT status and Battery status both on the same BMV-712 you suggest ?

0 Likes 0 ·