question

sveint avatar image
sveint asked

Cerbo GX temperature input

I have 2 temp sensor connected to my Cerbo GX. Input nr2 is unstable, and suddenly goes from ok to "reverse polarity".I have changed the sensors, but it still happens. Get -22 degrees.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SveinT,

what type of temp sensors are connected?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sveint avatar image
sveint answered ·

Both sensors are Victron Temperature sensor QUA/PMP/Venus GX on. One is on the motor and works ok, the other is outdoor and are not ok. Works maybe fine in 2 weeks, and then today i got alarm -22 C.

1 comment
2 |3000

DeVo Tyler avatar image DeVo Tyler commented ·

I work with temp sensors all day at a battery plant and most of the issues 98% is with the wire our conditions are far worse than being outside I'd check the wire even if nothing is seen

Hope it helps

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @SveinT

Can you check if the cable isn't damaged somewhere / rubbing against metal parts?

2 |3000

sveint avatar image
sveint answered ·

I have checked the cables, last time it occured I moved the sensor connected at input1 and input2. And the -22 C was still at input2. So I then assumed it could be problem with the Cerbo hardware or firmware. Suddenly, the next day I got message cleared alarm, and it has been ok for about 3 weeks.

2 |3000