question

wayneh avatar image
wayneh asked

Cerbo GX controlled Camper Set Up

Hi All,

I would appreciate any advise as I am trying to get my head around my Camper set up.

I have just bought a full system from a supplier, however I suspect that they did not fully understand the functionality of the Cerbo GX that they recommended me and as a result they have also sold me some items I don't need, and probably left me short other items.

So my set up looks like this -

2 x 165Amp Hour Batteries

Solar to MPPT Controller

Multi Plus 12/2000/80 - with the Digital Multi Control remote panel

Battery Monitoring BMV 712

Cerbo GX with GX Touch 50 screen

Based on my research, if I just connect the Multi Plus to the Cerbo GX, can I do without the DMC remote control panel? Can I switch the Multi Plus to 'Charge Only' mode from the Cerbo GX 50?

Also, I want to put some water tank level senders into the Fresh & Waste water tanks - what type of sender units do I need? Can they be connected directly to the Cerbo or do I need another unit?

Any help is much appreciated.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxcampervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Cerbo gives you much more control than the DMC does so, no you don't need the DMC.

Yes, you can switch the Multi's mode from Cerbo. There are actually 4 states: Off, On, Charge Only and Inverter Only (which you need to go into the Multi menu to access).

Cerbo has analog inputs for the tank sensors. They can be either voltage or current. I'm no expert but from what I've heard, any RESISTIVE sensor will probably work, but this generally requires a float-type sensor from the top of the tank. Other options are something like SeeLevel but you need the special NMEA2000 version which is not available for general sale and some special code running on Cerbo which I wrote to deal with my SeeLevel sensor system. SeeLevel is on the pricey side so if you can get resistive float sensors installed in your tanks, that's probably the way to go.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cleaver avatar image cleaver commented ·

Don't the campers already have resistor packs to read 1/3,2/3,full? With the new update coming for the cerbo. I'm hoping I can just set the resistance values for full and empty.

0 Likes 0 ·