question

nicetrip avatar image
nicetrip asked

Multiplus, running espresso machine on inverter and AC on generator on the same ACOut port?

Hi, my air conditioner is wired in my motor home with all other 240V, I can not separate it to connect to 12/3000 Multis ACout-2, which would allow 'drop load, if generator runs out of fuel'. Daniel showed me an assistant, how to start the AC on generator, on ACout-2 . But on ACout-2 none 240V appliances will run using inverter, so I still have to use my external switch to switch 240V from normal use ACout-1 espresso machine on inverter to battery safe ACout-2, to run the air con on generator.

Does ACout-2 has the ability to use the inverter too? Can we configure the assistant to use inverter until ACin becomes available, once ACin becomes available, use it, which is ACout-1 setup so far.

And then ... 'drop load if ACin becomes unavailable, and never return to inverter until inverter ... until restart of the Multi?

Would be nice to have a way to remotely switch between ACOut 1 and 2, so this would be a workaround. Otherwise I have to lay heavy 2.5 mm 3 core underneath the hole truck to the inside.

thanks for an idea :)

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @NiceTrip, I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish, your post is not 100% clear. But what you can do is install a contactor for your AC and trigger it using a programmable relay on your multi, this way in the scenario you want it on, you just have to close the programmable relay (which can be done easily using an assistant) and when you want it off you open the relay.

Note that the one side of the programable relay will be connected to the ACout 1, and the other side to the contactor closing coil. You need to energize the coil to close it (if you buy a NO contactor)

If you need a clearer explanation give me a shout.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nicetrip avatar image
nicetrip answered ·

Hi Ewald, thanks for the quick reply. Its a little difficult to explain. I guess in a more simple way... I would like an ACOut port with both of the ACOut-1 and 2 default functions. I would like that port to use the inverter/battery as long ACin is not available, and use it if it becomes available. (like ACOUT-1)

AND I would like it to drop the load when ACIn becomes unavailable, and it should stay this way. (like ACOut-2)

I can then switch the Multi off and on from inside, to reset the assistant.

Reason for it is, that I need the battery/inverter most of the times, but when I run the generator I want to make sure, when it runs out of fuel at night, that it doesn't drain the batteries with an air conditioner load.

Otherwise I keep on switching the 240V network between the 2 ports with an external switch, which I would extend to the inside. But its a long and heavy cable run.

2 |3000

nicetrip avatar image
nicetrip answered ·

Ok, might be a bit over the top. We as customers don't know what is purpose ment to be, what is possible or even has been solved already.

Now I installed the cable extending from that small bridge at Multis board to switch it on and off from the inside. I have another quick question before I change that switch to one with LED. I measure 12V on that bridge against mass. When I close that circuit, can I still run an 12V LED?

thanks

cheers

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic