question

chase-martin avatar image
chase-martin asked

How to measure two DC Inputs On CCGX

I am looking to install a Victron system on my RV that will be using a third-party DC-DC charger to charge 48v house batteries from the vehicle's 12v alternator. If I were to connect this charger through a dedicated BMV battery monitor (with a second one for the system's DC loads), is there any way to have one show up as an "alternator" input on the CCGX display screen?

I know I could connect it through the BMV-700 and presumably just have the CCGX show it as power flowing from the "DC loads" box to the battery. My primary concern is ease-of-use for the end user, so I would greatly appreciate any way to configure thte CCGX for this display.

BMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color ControlOrion DC-DC Converters not smartalternatordc system
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leedyson1 avatar image leedyson1 commented ·

I have micro hydro in my generation mix and would like to have it monitored and visible through the portal. Also going to have a DC generator for backup that would be good to monitor. I am slowly moving to all Victron management and monitoring and find it highly desirable to have this piece of the puzzle too.

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
nebulight avatar image
nebulight answered ·

That's a feature a lot of us would like. Even Victron's own DC-DC chargers do not have a VE.Direct port so they too show up as a DC Load in Venus. I have an enerdrive/Kiase 50 amp DC-DC but would be willing to swap for a 30 amp if it logged on the Venus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Chase Martin,

It is currently a future feature request to have a BMV able to to be programmed as a dedicated DC meter for another charging source, or load.

For now you are limited to the calculated DC reading.

Similar questions:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/7671/not-victron-wind-charge-controller-dc-load-monitor.html

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/46329/integrate-a-2000w-48v-dc-wind-turbine-into-the-vic.html

1 comment
2 |3000

48v-on-56north avatar image 48v-on-56north commented ·

Hi Guy, Any news on a likely time line for adding dedicated DC metering of alternative charge sources into Cerbo GX ? (For tracking shore/alternater/wind and other DC inputs)

many thanks, MK

0 Likes 0 ·
48v-on-56north avatar image
48v-on-56north answered ·

Ditto, ability to track another DC load alongside Victron MPPT sources would really help,

2 |3000

Sam Salwei avatar image
Sam Salwei answered ·

Any update on a dc meter for 3rd party Alternator charger?

2 |3000

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Hello, any news here?

2 |3000

Related Resources