question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

Is it possible to mix Pylontech US2000 and US3000?

Hi, does it work if i start with an US3000, that i later add an US2000 to the system....or an US2000 requires an US2000 and they cannot be mixed up?

Kind Regards

Norbert

Pylontechbattery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

@Ned Yu (Pylontech)

Could you be able to share some light on this?

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @njordan As a rule of thumb, you do not mix batteries of different capacities, but I suspect given with modern LifeP04 and integral BMS this could be changing. The attached document is open to interpretation and it may be a good idea to confirm with Pylontech directly. (Pylontech support if you are out there, what is you resply to this?)

I US2000B US2000 PLUS US3000 Difference and Mixture Installation.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

Thanks a lot - did not find the PDF myself, only a similar on US2000B mix with US2000plus.

I never thought this could be a problem if i start with US3000, and upgrade with an US2000. My naive believe was/is that the BMS'es would do the overall job - maybe right but better not to find out the hard way. I wrote to Pylontech 1 day ago, but no reply. not the most client-centric company....i heard this already in case of warranty needs. Lets see if they still will reply.

2 |3000

james avatar image
james answered ·

Good day, I have tried to add a US3000 to a pre-existing bank of 5 x US2000Plus and the ccgx did not pick the battery bank up.This was with the US3000 as the master. When I removed the US3000(completely - comms and battery cables) and put the comms cable back into the US2000plus CAN port then the ccgx instantly picked up the bank again. Is there a trick to getting ithe CCGX to see the whole bank and using the US3000 as the master? Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

james avatar image james commented ·

Just a quick update. I went back and checked comms wiring and just re-did it to be sure. I rebooted all the batteries and re-followed all the Victron advice on the connect up and it resolved itself. The CCGX picked up the battery bank and the high voltage alarms cleared themselves after about 4 days and system is working well. The system has 1 x US3000 and 5 x US2000Plus. It us on a Victron 15kva Quattro and 7.9kwp panels.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ned Yu (Pylontech) avatar image
Ned Yu (Pylontech) answered ·

Hi @njordan,US2000 and US3000 can mix use. Just make sure always use the big capacity and latest firmware model as the Master battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

woldog avatar image woldog commented ·
Hi, again about this theme. Lot of people still discussing about mix US2000C and US3000C in one instalation. Some told, that problem is with the balance current between 2000 and 3000, which shorten the life of batteries. And discussion is about the setting of such mixture. Can you put here some information about it? By mix 2000 and 3000 is always 3000 as master, so that all parameters for this instalation may be setting for 3000? Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide