question

njordan avatar image
njordan asked

Multiplus II connection to Pylontech via FUSE?

Hi,

i plan to buy a MultiplusII and US3000. From the schemes i have seen there is no external fuse in between both devices. Is there something already in place in one of them or even in both? I guess so for securtiy reasons.

Furthermore.....if not and its highly recommended....what kind of fuse is used, i have no idea how this looks like.

I'vr read somewhere that they uses a 125A fuse.....i guess for the 5000. As i'm using the 3000er - and will limit the output to 1000W....does it make sense (if you say its required to have one) so take a 32A (if it exists) .... as i will not go higher.

Kind Regards,

Norbert

Multiplus-IIPylontechfuses
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight answered ·

Hello @njordan,

I would use in any case a fuse but only for the plus cabeling. The fuse is more a protection for the cable itself as for the units they are connected to. As the pylontech cables are specified for 125A I use a Victron megafuse with 125 A which is the smallest fuse available from Victron for 60V.

Victron has a perfect system for this: Lynx Dc distribution or you do it with your own construction and use some of the components of Victrons Megafuse holders - I used and can recommend for this the high current busbar with the blue single fuse holders.

Kind regards

DayAndNight

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

njordan avatar image
njordan answered ·

OK, thanks a lot.

What I do not understand - looking at MEGA Fuses in the internet....some have 12/24/32V....and are quite cheap ~5€. But the 48V once you do not find that often and are way more expensive.

Any idea if these 48V are really necessary to take, as i do not understand the difference. Both have a wire that will blow up if the current is too high, what does voltage have to do with it, except its a matter of electric arc? but at 48V?

Thanks for any experience! Norbert

2 |3000