question

martynzurich avatar image
martynzurich asked

Victron Phoenix inverter compact 12/1200 with Phoenix Control VE.Direct remote

I have a Victron Phoenix inverter compact 12/1200 and want to have a remote switch to turn on and off. I got a Victron Phoenix Control VE.Direct remote but can fathom out the wiring. The inverter handbook says a switch can be put in but not a lot more info. Any help would be great. Thanks

switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
outsourcedguru avatar image
outsourcedguru answered ·

The online manual on p.4 seems to indicate that one can use a simple ON/OFF switch supplied by the owner or to connect their own Phoenix Inverter Control Panel. They appear to have a second one for VE.Direct. I got the links from their page which includes all the panels. Each of these connect to the RJ48 type of sockets (which probably look like Ethernet only wider).

Later, p.7 gives more details. The graphic in Appendix A shows the location for Terminal H. So you'd want pins 2 & 3 of that for an ON/OFF switch you provide.

4.4 Optional Connections

A number of optional connections are possible:

4.4.1 Remote on/off switch & remote Control panel

The product can be remotely controlled in two ways.
- With an external switch (connection terminal H, see appendix A). Operates only if the switch on the Inverter is set to “on”.
- With a Phoenix Inverter Control panel (connected to one of the two RJ48 sockets C, see appendix A). Operates only if the switch on the inverter is set to “on”.

Only one remote control can be connected, i.e. either a switch or a remote control panel.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic