question

jiri-rysavy avatar image
jiri-rysavy asked

Multiplus II limit inverter power in ESS is not working?

2020_05_25 Inverter power limit not working.pdfHi,

I set limit inveter power in ESS, but It doesnt seem to work. My limit was 700W but it was still inverting around 2000W and only 300W was drawn from the grid. Do you know where could be the problem?

Multiplus-IIESSinverter current draw
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jiri rysavy

What is your AC input current limit set to? (devices, multi, input current limit), That AC input current limit will override the ESS setting and restrict the power supplied from the AC input (as a higher priority).

I see green+orange 'led' on in the screenshot...

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jiri-rysavy avatar image jiri-rysavy commented ·

Thanks, my AC input current limit was set to 1. Now, the parameter 'Maximum inverter power' works fine.

But the green and orange diodes for "mains on" and "bulk'' are still on, plus "Invertor on" is flashes. Is that wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jiri-rysavy commented ·

No nothing wrong, it means it's delivering power from battery to loads (or grid)

0 Likes 0 ·
gjones84 avatar image
gjones84 answered ·

Hi,

I have the same issue. Mine is set to 8A. I want mine max inverter power set to 1000W.

What should it be set to? 0A if using the ESS?

Thanks

Gareth

2 |3000