question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.54~1 available for testing

Hello all,

A new version is available for testing: v2.54~1. A maintenance release, meaning that its v2.53 (todays official release) + various fixes and small improvements that we found and implemented during v2.60 development.

This will be a short testing cycle, and once officially released we'll continue field testing of the v2.60 series again. Meanwhile, v2.60 beta files are not available for download.

In case you find any issues, welcome to post below. Thank you for your help!

Change log

• Add support for 24V Pylontech batteries. (by (a) recognising them, and (b) setting the charge voltage to 27.8V automatically).
  • Fix bug in the Marine MFD App, aka Glass bridge integration. It worked in most cases, but since Venus OS v2.40 there was a configuration that broke it, and showed ā€œCould not connect to the MQTT serverā€ on the MFD: if the ā€œVRM Two Way Communicationā€ setting was enabled on a system not connected to internet. Now, also when there is no internet, enabling that setting does not cause any issues anymore.
  • Fix a bug in relation to Fronius PV Inverters, that caused the system to read 0W output now and then, while the actual power was higher. This issue caused downward spikes in graphs on VRM, but could also affect the Fronius Zero feed-in functionality: all works better now.
  • Include a few improvements that possibly fix the touch and/or display freezes issues with the Cerbo GX Touch display. We had a few reports, and went to some effort to reproduce the issue ā€“ but so far have not. So, we did change a few things that possible fix it, but not in a way that we are certain to solve it. Therefore: if you have the issue, then (if you can) please leave it as is, enable Remote Support, and put a comment or answer in below. Weā€™re very keen to login to such system to diagnose further.
  • Remove BYD Premium LV battery energy counters, there is a bug in its calculation which will be fixed by BYD soon.
  • Kernel improvements for the GX card in the EasySolar-II GX, MultiPlus-II GX and the Maxi GX.
  • Fix issue that (in quite rare cases) caused the maximum discharge current and voltage not to be communicated to the Multi. Thank you Wilco P. for reporting & helping to fix it.
  • Fix bug that (in very specific circumstances) caused Assistants to not be updated with a new version when using Remote VEConfigure. This bug has been in in Venus OS quite a long time.
  • Fix bug in CAN-bus frames handling; which practically affect no systems at all but still needs fixing. The details: whilst for 29bit canbus only, the code also accepted 11 bit canbus frames, which in rare instances lead to ACL responses when using in a mixed environment (11 bit devices & 29bit on the same network). This bug has been in the code since all of Venus OS.
  • Fix certain GPS-es not being recognised on the CANvu GX. Thank you Sturm Udrang for reporting this!

Best regards,

Matthijs Vader

Ps. If you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range (CCGX, Venus GX, Cerbo GX, and so forth). This message is for all the members of the Beta test group. Information on how to join (and leave) that group.

2020-05-25: removed the bulletpoint about ESS Assistant 176 and newer causing #3 and #4 DVCC status codes, since that issue could only happen when running v2.60 firmware.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered Ā·

Hi,

Installing v2.54~1, the tank sensors', previous all off, were set back on. Not sure if that has a salient impact on anything, bar a lot of effort over multiple sites to switch them off again. Ideally it would be nice to default them to off, instead of on, my 2 cents.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

espen avatar image
espen answered Ā·

After update to 2.54~1:

For I/O-analog inputs - visible, the settings was lost, and all set to visible.

For temp. sensors, the type setting was lost, and set to Generic. (but it did keep the offset setting).

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi @Jaco Reinecke and also @Espen,

yes, that was expected: in v2.60 we changed how those settings were stored. So by going to v2.54, anything you configure is lost and it goes back to either previous settings or the default.

Change onboard Tank inputs to default off: yes I understand, Iā€™ll consider that.

Thank you for the report!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
emarges avatar image
emarges answered Ā·

For the Cerbo display freeze, I noticed in the past that touch would become disabled on the display when I had the remote console running in my browser. It was not actually frozen, only did not respond to touch until I closed the remote console. A few times I forgot that it was open in some tab in my browser, so at first I also thought it was a bug.

I later considered this to be a feature. And if this really is a feature, maybe a small notification (for example just as when you use the demo mode) could be shown that the display is 'remotely controlled'.

I am not able to test or verify in detail this weekend, but I can try to reproduce next week if this sounds comparable to the reports that you received.

4 comments
2 |3000

emarges avatar image emarges commented Ā·

I currently run 2.60~25 and my display froze yesterday evening after I changed the brightness setting to automatic. And the display off time from never to 1 minute.

At is it not the latest beta I am not sure if this is ontering for you to check; but is still frozen and I can leave it be for a few hours. Just enabled remote support; do you need a serial number or anything?

small detail; in the remote console, touch is also not working; only the buttons work.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ emarges commented Ā·

Hi @EMarges! Thank you for the report. There wont be too much to look into. In v2.60~28 weā€™ve added some addition logging that might help.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
emarges avatar image emarges mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Ok, then Iā€™ll update to the latest and let you know if I have a freeze again!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
emarges avatar image emarges mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Now I have 2.60~28 and it is frozen again. Same steps; changed brightness from manual to auto and changed the display off time from never to something.

It is online if you want to debug it, but as we are sailing the connection is not always perfect.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
espen avatar image
espen answered Ā·

Not sure if itā€™s a new bug or been there for some time:

[Off grid, Batteries, Multiplus, BMV, Venus GX, MPPTs, Has DC system]

When Multi is on, with zero AC loads, the power consumption of the Multi itself, is added to the DC System. And then also in the consumption on system overview on VRM.

When adding just a small AC load, the power consumption of the multi is then not added anymore to the DC System. And its also not in the total consumption on the VRM dashboard.

This meens that on the VRMā€“ system overview- consumption, when going from zero AC load to adding a small AC load (for example a led bulp), you actually get a drop in the consumption.

2 |3000

Related Resources