question

wherzfeld avatar image
wherzfeld asked

I am looking for assistance setting up a new system with the 75/15 and FLA batteries

I recently set up a new system with a Victron 75/15 controller, two 110 watt panels and two deep cycle group 31 130 amp hour floating leads acid batteries. The controller and everything is working, except, I know the controller is not properly set up. It defaulted to Gel Victron deep discharge (2).

Is there a proper preset programed into the unit?

If not, can someone provide the proper settings so that I do not damage the batteries.

victron community
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Wherzfeld

That 'Gel(2)' setting is the one you want for floodeds. Well at least it's the one I chose, as it matched the settings I wanted. And it's a default suited to most cycling Pb's.

It's just a name they chose for the preset, and perhaps it's not very imaginative nor instructive. That is as it is though, and I can't think of better settings to advise you to follow.

If you decide to change individual settings, go ahead. The Preset name will change to 'User Defined' then.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic