question

jmyandel avatar image
jmyandel asked

RX Port function on Victron Connect

I have a Smartsolar 100/50. How do I access the RX Port function on Victron Connect? It does not show up as a function when I am connected to the app. I am trying to remote on/off the charge controller from my BMS using the VE.direct RX pin. Under settings I can see 1. Battery. 2. Load Output. 3. Streetlight 4. TX port function 5. VE Smart networking. Where is the RX Port function?

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know there is NO rx port function control, you can only turn the MPPT off manually but the app does not allow you to do this automatically. now you maybe able to packet sniff the data and work it out, but I have never tried to do that myself.

as far as I know there are ways to do this using a GX device and assistants with connections via the VE direct connections to both devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @jmyandel,

This may be the accessory that you are looking for:

https://www.victronenergy.com/cables/ve-direct-non-inverting-remote-on-off-cable

There is some further description of the port behaviour and programming in the manual linked on that product page.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic