question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.60~22 available for testing

Hello all,

A new test version available. See below for the changes.

In case you're new to the v2.60 beta test series, please make sure to read below six previous posts about them. There are several significant improvements in v2.60. The highlights are the addition of a feed-in limit, added ethernet-connected energy meters, updates on the NMEA2000-feature (addition of tanks), as well as many other improvements with regards to tank monitoring.

Change log

• Fix system setup AC input configuration being broken. Thank you @Eero Silfverberg for reporting. UPDATE: there are more issues with this, which weā€™ll address in the next update.
  • Remove BYD Premium LV battery energy counters, there is a bug in its calculation which will be fixed by BYD soon.
  • Fix starter voltage being shown for BMV-702 and BMV-712 while temperature or mid-point is selected as the aux function
  • Disallow accidentally booting into an incompletely installed firmware update (this was -sometimes- possible by using the backup firmware menu. Not any more.)
  • Improve the new grid feed-in limiter, by giving priority to PV Inverters over solar chargers.
  • Improve the PV-limiting (aka zero feed-in) feature for large installations; sometimes they limited too much.
  • Fix race condition that in rare cases caused the maximum discharge current and voltage not to be communicated to the Multi.

Note that there still is the same known issue: the new Ethernet-connected energy meters can't be configured; this will be fixed soon.

Other reported issues in v2.60 testing are still being- and/or will be looked into.

Best regards,

Matthijs Vader

Ps. If you don't know what this post is about: this is about our GX Product range (CCGX, Venus GX, Cerbo GX, and so forth). This message is for all the members of the Beta test group. Information on how to join (and leave) that group.

Venus OS
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented Ā·

Hi

Ver 2.60.21 also broke the raspi units as well white screen and locked out etc. Version 2.60.20 was all good and stable.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Rob and anyone else, to make clear what the white screen issue was and how its solved:

• in v2.60~21, available in the automatic update feed for a few hours on Monday May 13th, the gui (user interface) was broken, both onscreen (CCGX & GX Touch) as well as on Remote Console.
  • right now, VRM shows that there still are 10 systems out there still running v2.60~21
  • to recover, a new update must be installed. Therefor, all units with auto update enabled will eventually update itself and work ok again. You can trigger the auto update check by power cycling the device, since it checks for an update a few minutes after starting up. And it checks for an update once everyday between 02:05 and 03:05 UTC.

However, at the moment I've blocked v2.60~22 for updating. So those 10 units out there will not fix themselves, and will have to wait for us to make a new version available for auto updating. I'll add a comment here once there is a new version available. This can take one or a few days.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi Matthijs

Thanks for the update, yes had a few people call me to find out what was wrong, just advise to back track the update if possible and reload the older versions.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

To not take any risk, I've blocked the updates of the release-candidate feed for all systems, in case the issue reported by @Espen -is indeed a bug.

I blocked it before the daily update checking window started (02:05 UTC).

Our data shows 99% of all systems that were already updated to v2.60~22 are running fine, ie. sending their expected updates to VRM. The other few have stopped sending data, but in most cases that can be absolutely normal; simply because they are powered off.

More tomorrow.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi all, yesterday we re-enabled the v2.60~22 in the release-candidate feed.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
8 Answers
Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered Ā·

thx matthijs,

i think i gone like this one :D

"Improve the new grid feed-in limiter, by giving priority to PV Inverters over solar chargers "

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Espen - avatar image
Espen - answered Ā·

My Venus stopped communication with v2.60~22

It doesn't connect to the router on either WiFi or cable. The light blinks slowly green under boot for a while, then turn to steady red. The reset button doesn't seem to make any difference. Either on short push or long push. VRM says it is on v2.60~22.

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Espen -, not good! I don't immediately have an idea of what this could be: I don't think we made any changes to parts relating to networking. What was the previous version you were running? And how did you install v2.60~22? Online? Or with USB stick?

Lastly, could you post the VRM URL? You can send it in a private message (see the "viewable by all users" pull down when making a comment).

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Espen - avatar image Espen - mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

I had the white screen so I guess I was on v2.60-21. Online.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
polocamper avatar image
polocamper answered Ā·

Hi new user here.

Upgraded and my .22 system is running and connecting fine so far. Running on 3A+ and WiFi.

Greetz Martin

12 comments
2 |3000

polocamper avatar image polocamper commented Ā·

Spoke too soon, connection to vrm gives error #150. Local I can connect

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ polocamper commented Ā·

Hi, did you check the manual for error #150?

and is it solved now? I dont fully understand above two messages.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
polocamper avatar image polocamper mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

At first it looks like it worked with this release, still WiFi connection and local access. But then I looked in vrm and found that it wasn't connecting.

Now still Error #150, tried multiple WiFi networks, same error. Manual said "Error #150 Unexpected response text"

How can I log/ see what is send back to me?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ polocamper commented Ā·

Hi @PoloCamper, its most likely that the issue is as described in the manual: ie a Wifi portal page, such as often found in hotels. There is no way to make those work.

ps. its easy to check, connect with your phone to the same wifi and check what happens. Is it asking to OK a set of terms of use, or something similar before allowing access?

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Tested with my home WiFi, phone as hotspot and a Mifi. With all networkconnections I get the same error.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

A mystery :o).

If you enable remote support, and tell me the remote support number I can try to login and see what the issue is.

See Settings -> General -> Remote Support.

What time zone are you in? I might be able to do it tonight, and otherwise Iā€™ll probably have to ask you for a new number tomorrow.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Thnx. I'm in Twente (Europe/Amsterdam). I'll test again and if needed send the number.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

In the log "HTTPThread-vrmhttp: The HTTP reponse was invalid and is rejected. Code: 200, Response: vrm: fail "

If I go to https://ccgxlogging.victronenergy.com/log/log.php I see the same text response "vrm:fail"

0 Likes 0 Ā·

yes, simply calling it from a browser will not work just like that.

I logged in just now, and got it working again. I dont know yet what caused this.

1 Like 1 Ā·

Thnx.

It's at home right now, I'll connect it tomorow to the mppt in the camper and test if it is sending data.

Nogmaals bedankt en groeten.

Martin

0 Likes 0 Ā·

welkom! .

0 Likes 0 Ā·
arnaud-b avatar image arnaud-b mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hello,

I have the same problem with a raspberry-pi venus and the error #150

But there is no internet access problem as the raspbery pi can ping google.com and I have also been able to update the venus firmware from internet.

Is there something else i can do to make it work?

Thank you in advance,

Arnaud B.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Elimac avatar image
Elimac answered Ā·

Just to share... My system is running 2.60 ~16. I was going to perform an update, but the "check for updates" wouldn't work... I then tried to reboot... also does not work. Will force hard reboot.

EDIT: to avoid hard rebooting, could I telnet/ssh to device and issue reboot command? Sorry, I should know this by now...

4 comments
2 |3000

Hi

All OK with Ver 2.60.20 no issues to date on raspi.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Elimac avatar image Elimac Rob Duthie commented Ā·

My issue was not that I could not upgrade. I was aware of that. It was that the console was Unresponsive!!! Both the check and reboot buttons returned nothing. Nothing happened. The only only I could reboot was to take out power supply. Now it can reboot and I can see the error after I try to update. Now is normal.

But it was not normal that I couldn't reboot. That was my goal - to share a potential problem for remote installations where it may be an issue if you are unable to reboot.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ Elimac commented Ā·

Understood. I'll keep an eye out for this Elimac. thank you.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
john-hagtharp avatar image john-hagtharp mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

I can confirm this problem. I just updated from 2.60~22 to 2.60~23. From the online update menu, neither "check for update" or "press to update to 2.60~23" were doing anything. There was no obvious indication I had even managed to press it. Settings, general, reboot displayed the "rebooting" message but the reboot didn't happen. Everything else seemed to be functioning normally.

I logged in via ssh and issued "reboot -f" which worked. After it came up again, I was able to check for updates and update to 2.60~23 without any problems.

I had exactly the same problem last time when updating to 2.60~22.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jdiesel avatar image
jdiesel answered Ā·

Lets just say that I am please release 19 is not on the table anymore. I could not get my GX to reboot at all, I had to disconnect power, and then only boot with USB of build 22 would get it to upgrade, nothing else.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi

Ver 2.60.19 was OK no issues at all, Ver 2.60. 21 had all the issues with blank screens etc.

Regards
Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 Ā·
faza avatar image
faza answered Ā·

Hi,

I'm not sure but since the begining of candidate 2.60, the sound alarm for "grid lost" seems not works compared to the last release (I keep the same parameters between the both version).

Fabien

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Faza, we fixed it (they were warnings instead of alarms) in v2.60~25. Can you check if it now works OK for you?

0 Likes 0 Ā·
faza avatar image faza mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

The sound alarm when the grid is lost, works well. Thanks

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ktb avatar image
ktb answered Ā·

Hi

Just noticed ~22 was back up for install.

This version stops the ve-direct port working on my multiplus 2 gx 3000. Reverted back to ~19 all back working

Connected to a Smart solar 100/20 48v on firmware 1.49 a second one connected via usb continued to work ok.

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks @KtB weā€™ll look into that

0 Likes 0 Ā·
ktb avatar image ktb commented Ā·

Update to ver 1.50 firmware on solar controllers and ver ~23 of venus has fixed this issue

0 Likes 0 Ā·
markus-001 avatar image
markus-001 answered Ā·

I noticed the limit DC-coupled PV - feed in excess also works now and has solved an old issue regarding a mix of the old type blue solar ve.can 150/85 running with the new smart solar 150/85 ve.can. Previous issue was the new smart solar 150/85 ve.can would ramp down in keep batteries charged and when ESS#1 was active. The ESS would take extra power from the Grid while the smart solar 150/85 ve.can was sitting at zero watts when there was 2000 watts available, now I can set Maximum feed-in to zero watts and the smart solar 150/85 ve.can ramps up again but does not feed in, so both MPPT's are now kept on the boil while ESS#1 is active. Previously the limit did not work and pushed back the remainder Energy (Watts) of what was not consumed by loads or battery back into the grid.

One thing I have noticed is that if ESS#1 is active and you then enable the dc feed in and limit it to zero there is no effect until you reduce the min SOC down to deactivate ESS#1 then lift the SOC back up again to re-enable ESS#1 only then did the DC-feed take effect, possibly a small bug.

I just noticed that the PV power fades away to zero while ESS#1 is active, If I reduce the minimum SOC in ESS to clear the #1:SOC then increase it again both MPPT's ramp up again

The ramp down happens when ESS state changes from 10 to 11

2 |3000

Related Resources