question

danhig avatar image
danhig asked

VRM & Solar Charger Battery Temperature Widget

Hello,

Can someone help me understand what this VRM widget is for? I was assuming as the widget was showing under the SmartSolar 100/50 that i could pull in temp data from a connected Smart Battery sense as thats the only temp sensor supported by the 100/50.

To be clear the device is installed / paired correctly to the 100/50 as i am seeing the temp data correctly via Victron Connect app but it is not passing the data to the VRM.

I'm expecting to hear that data collected via the VE.Smart Networking feature will not pass data to VRM so my question is why is the widget there and why cant i find any documentation on how its supposed to be used?

Thank you for the help

VRMSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @danhig

This widget is for feature use, but not yet active.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Steve avatar image Steve commented ·

Hi Daniël, do you know when it will be activated ?

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ Steve commented ·

Unfortunately the solarcharger battery temperature widget will only display data for solarchargers with a hard-wired battery temperature sensor, such as the older VE.Can models.

0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/temperature_sensors?s[]=temperature&s[]=vrm

Says smart battery sense provides temperature on VRM. Where?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic