question

danielkr avatar image
danielkr asked

Any disadvantage from choosing Victron BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 instead of 75/10?

Hello,

from the data sheet it looks as if the Victron BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 is identical to the 75/10 except that it costs approximately 10 EUR more but is capable of charging with 15A rather than 10A.

Is there any reason (except of the 10 EUR) not to choose the 75/15? For my purpose it would be overdimensioned as of now but I may choose to connect larger solar panels sometime in the future.

Best regards,
Daniel

chargercharge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
christofferbengtsson avatar image
christofferbengtsson answered ·

Hi Daniel,

It really depends on the size of your solar panels? What are you planning to connect to the charger? Do you need the ability to monitor the system? In that case it might be relevant for you to look into the SmartSolar version instead of the BlueSolar.

Best
Christoffer

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

danielkr avatar image
danielkr answered ·

Hi Christoffer,

Thanks for your response. I will probably start with 100W panels to charge a LiFePo4 battery and then expand if I feel that the charging power is too small. For these panels the 10A version should be fine but since they have the same dimensions I thought that I could go straight for the 15A version.

Best regards,
Daniel

2 |3000

christofferbengtsson avatar image
christofferbengtsson answered ·

Hi Daniel,

Had not seen your reply - sorry for that. So the 75/10 will support up to 750w of panels depending on how well you match the voltage/amps. So unless you plan on adding significantly more panels in the future you might be great off with the 75/10. Look into the smart-version with bluetooth build in.

Best
Christoffer

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic