question

soc avatar image
soc asked

VE Direct LoRaWAN module Questions

Hello!

Questions:

1) The VE Direct LoRaWAN module will NOT work without a Gateway?

2) It's meant to sit NEXT to the MPPT? Connected directly to the battery?

3) Is it water/weather proof? What is the IP?

Thanks in advance.

LoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

1. You don't need a gateway by yourself but you need one in range.
https://www.thethingsnetwork.org/map

2. The LoRaWAN module has a 1.5m VE.direct cable attached and this can't be extended.

3. Not sure about that but I guess it's not waterproof. But I think you can extend the antenna and place it outside.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

soc avatar image
soc answered ·

Thanks @Matthias Lange - Service Team Döbeln DE.

2) yes? Must be placed next to battery?

3) if not waterproof: How do I place it on an exterior stand-alone system? Is there another Lorawan product that is water/weather proof? Do I put it inside a waterproof enclosure? Will the antenna be water/weather proof if left out of enclosure to eliminate interference?

please advise.

Thanks in advance.

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

2. You can place it where you want but the module needs a power supply and the power cable supplied with the module is also 1.5m long.

0 Likes 0 ·
billy-bowman-shaw avatar image
billy-bowman-shaw answered ·

Given that a CCGX is connected to a LoRaWAN Module on a small vessel, but the LoRaWAN gateway is out range for periods of operation; will the backlog of data that is collected whilst the CCGX is out of range be sent out when the LoRaWAN connection is re-aquired. Manual don't give a crystal clear answer, but I am fairly sure that the answer is yes.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic