question

mmosberg avatar image
mmosberg asked

Venus GX, custom names on tank and temperature sensors?

Is it possible to set custom names on the temperature sensor inputs on the Venus GX? Where now it just says: Generic temperature sensor (1) and (2).

Venus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @mmosberg,

with the currently released firmware 2.53 this is not possible. Custom names for tank sensors most probably will come with 2.60. It's already in test phase. See here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/47236/venus-os-v26014-available-for-testing.html

Custom name for temperature sensors is a considered feature for later.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you do decide to use the test versions or wait until 2.60 is released.

Highlight the temperature sensor in the "Device List" (just like in your screenshot) and press right arrow. One the next screen do down to Device and right arrow again.
Then go down to Name, press space, and then type in your custom name:

1588251865242.png (21.1 KiB)
2 |3000

mmosberg avatar image
mmosberg answered ·

Thx for replying. Updated to v 2.60:

And successfully set names on the temp sensors:

But on the devise list of the remote console the names are not there, only the "Generic Temperature sensor (1)" and "(2)":

Any way to get the custom names displayed on the device list?

3 comments
2 |3000

I should have added to my post above that this is not possible in the device list yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
mmosberg avatar image mmosberg Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Is there a plan to get the custom names displayed on the remote console? When?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ mmosberg commented ·

No, not yet. Keep an eye to the Modification space here on Victron Community. When it becomes available, it's usually first announced there together with a beta firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·
fenix avatar image
fenix answered ·

Hello @mmosberg

Could you tell how to add temperature sensor?

i am very interrested by that

Tks

Andre

1 comment
2 |3000

mmosberg avatar image mmosberg commented ·

You can make your own or purchase a Victron sensor (If you search a bit here you will find several threads about it). Then just wire it up to the Venus GX. It is as simple as that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrea avatar image
Andrea answered ·

hello i have the same problem i installed a new CERBO GX and on the temperature input 1i connect a temperature sensor. Now on the consolle i read Temperature 1 (24) i would like to rename it in ambient temperature, how can i do? the Firmware version is the 2.73

thanks

Andrea

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

As described in the posts above.

Highlight the temperature sensor in the "Device List" and press right arrow. On the next screen go down to "Device" and press right arrow again which gets you to key details about the device. Then go down to Name, press space, and then type in your custom name:

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrea avatar image
Andrea answered ·

thanks PWFARNELL, i do like you wrote and solve the problem!

i have another question, is possibile to put in the panel on the VRM the trend of the temperature measured from the cerbo at the temperature 1 input and do a graph with trend and generate an alarm for low temperature?

thanks best regards

Andrea

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·

Yes, I have the 4 temperatures on my Cerbo showing on VRM and alarms set up. If you need more than the quick answer, to get the trends, go into VM onto the advanced page and click on the widgets button

widgets.jpg

which opens the widgets panel, select the temperature sensor and make sure it is checked as below.

select.jpg

then you will get trends like these.

temps.jpg

To set alarms, go to the the settings menu, then alarm rules and click on "add new alarm rule"

rule.jpg

and follow the set up wizard to get a new alarm, the setting for one of mine is shown,

alarms.jpg

then click on "save all changes".

0 Likes 0 ·
widgets.jpg (7.1 KiB)
select.jpg (20.5 KiB)
temps.jpg (49.2 KiB)
rule.jpg (21.7 KiB)
alarms.jpg (30.5 KiB)
seamaster avatar image
seamaster answered ·

I'm running version 2.91 and I can name some tanks but some others have no NAME field under DEVICE. Why is that? what I'm I missing.
Same with relay configuration. I can assign alarm or generator on relay1 but on relay 2 i can assign only "temp". On relay 3 i can only assign manual. that does not make much sense....

2 |3000