question

strohw avatar image
strohw asked

Weird Battery behavior Solar Charger

What do think about that? My Battery already dropped to 3V but nothing was changed on the 8th. And all Energy Users are switched off.

battery chargingBattery Protectsolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

HI @strohw,

assumed your battery voltage really dropped to 3V, you can assume that your battery has reached it's end of life. In other words: dead
But to be 100% sure, we need more info please. What is your setup (batteries, parallel or in series, voltage, Victron devices etc)? Can you provide battery info from the status screen in VictronConnect?
Your screenshot above does not really tell anything except that your mppt is trying to charge the battery in bulk phase. So no prediction can be made just on that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

strohw avatar image
strohw answered ·

yeah it dropped slowly below 3V over the course of that timeframe... it was detected too late unfurtunaly.

- 1x Starter lead Battery (unaffected) (1 year old)
- 1x RV Lead Battery (Age unknown)
- 1x Victron SolarCharger
- 2x 200W Solar Panels

The SolarCharger is only conected to the RV Battery, so far as i know. It's an old RV, in which i didn't install the cables besides the victron and solar.

It has also an outside charging outlet, which presumbably charges both batterys so they are connected somehow but the charge isn't affected from the starter battery.

I'll get another screenshot regarding the last few days of the battery.

Thx for helping me out :)

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Ich nehme mal an, da VictronConnect auf deutsch ist, können wir uns in einer Sprache verständigen, die wir alle gut beherrschen und es keine Verwirrungen gibt. :)

Das absacken der Spannung auf 3V spricht zwar dafür, das der MPPT scheinbar die Batterie nicht richtig/gar nicht lädt, aber das eigentliche Problem wird woanders liegen.

Irgendwo muss die Energie aus der Batterie ja hingehen, damit diese so tief entladen wird. Der MPPT sollte sich eigentlich bei einer gewissen Unterspannung abschalten(einen genauen Wert dazu kenne ich nicht).

Da muss irgendwo noch ein Verbraucher sein, der mit der Batterie verbunden ist und immer weiter Strom zieht.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Victron BatteryProtect product page