question

svgalatea avatar image
svgalatea asked

Quattro Stops Charging at 75%

I have a 5kW Quattro on my sailboat, along with a MPPT 150/100, for my 1200Ah 12V lithium battery bank. For a while now, the charging, regardless of source (generator, shore power, solar) will stop at 75% when the battery voltage is 13.5V. Previously it would charge fully. The battery bank capacity and charged voltage (14.2V) are set correctly in the VictronConnect app. Any ideas what I can try? Please let me know what other information I can provide about my system and settings to help answer this question. Thanks!

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @svgalatea

I see from a previous post you have a BMV. I suspect your '75%' has just drifted away from reality, and hasn't synced in good while. It's a calculated figure, and you alone control how it's calculated, and when it syncs.

Those V figures you quote are typical of default Victron charge settings, and if the charge is being halted by an in-spec bms, then the batts are fully charged. You could then sync manually to 100%, or change your parameters for auto-sync to something that fits better.

The BMV 'Charged voltage' is part of that. Nothing to do with charge settings, just syncing to 100%. Along with the 'Tail' setting there.

The drift can be corrected too, but you have to do it, and then test it before relying on the SOC reading to make decisions. The manual is comprehensive, and the steps almost onerous, but you need to set it up right - or ignore it.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BMV-700-700H-702-712-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic