question

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus asked

Can I change the Quattro AC OUT 2 Time delay?

Is it possible to change the delay which it takes for AC out 2 to go live?

I have contactors which are being driven by AC OUT 2, but when the grid or generator input is live (after a mains failure or return) it takes around 2 and a half minutes for AC2 to go live, and hence close the contactors... Is there any way to change this to 30 seconds for instance?

VictronConnectVEConfigure 3Assistantsac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
harold avatar image
harold answered ·

Yes,
By programming Assistants, they will overrule the standard setting.

But so you also have to programm an Assistant to turn it off etc

Harold

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ewalderasmus avatar image
ewalderasmus answered ·

Hi @Harold,

I seemed to have never replied to your answer, thank you for the comment, although this is how you can change it, it seems there is no way to make it operate exactly like it is supposed to. for instance:

When Mains falls away - ACout2 turns off (this can be done)

When gen starts - ACout2 turns on after X number of seconds (this can be done)

When Mains mains returns and gen is still on - ACout2 turns off (this can not be done)

When ACout 1 is powered by Mains - ACout2 turns on after X number of seconds (this can be done)

I am trying to figure it out now again, looking for more complicated solutions which might solve it, any suggestions would be welcomed.

Ewald

2 |3000

harold avatar image
harold answered ·

May be changing AC1IN and AC2IN is more suitable for you application.
I changed the Gen to AC2IN, to be able to ignore gen start when AC1IN (shore) is on.

In the manual it was suggested the otherway around.

AC1IN might be default to connect to AC2OUT......

2 comments
2 |3000

ewalderasmus avatar image ewalderasmus commented ·

Hi @Harold

Our setup is exactly how you have done it as well, Grid is on ACin 1 and Gen is on ACin2.

As I see it, trying to create an assistant using basic logic isnt possible withought an AND function, as victron only allows for OR's.

For instance:

if AC in 1 is not available for 1s turn off ACout2

if AC in 2 is available for 30s turn on ACout2

the problem comes in turning off ACout 2 when both ACin1 and 2 are available. because now you have conflicting statements. Acout 2 won't turn off if it is being kept on by ACin2 being available...

Not sure I am making any sense, but I did get this feedback from a previous post. Haven't had an update from VIctron yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
harold avatar image harold ewalderasmus commented ·

Clear!

for me ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello Harold and ewalderasmus,

I should have searched more thoroughly before I posted about the Quattro AC 2 output time delay as I now see people have been talking about this for some time. In fact I am only now just realising that ACOut 2 can be run from inverter. I thought it merely had a transfer switch. I am very slowly catching up to the rest of you regarding this subject. Better late than never I guess.

I thought VE Config was older software and haven't used it as I was using VE Connect. I now understand that for more complex stuff VE Config is the way to go.

I have played around with a fake target to use the assistant to control ACOut 2 relay. I have three assistants.

1. If AC2 (mains) available for 2 seconds turn ACout 2 on.

2. If AC1 (Generator) available for 5 seconds turn ACout 2 on.

3. If either AC1 or AC2 not available for 0 seconds turn ACout 2 off.

I assume the software works down the list in sequence and acts on each case. I am concerned about unintended consequences of implementing such a plan i.e.

If mains or generator fail, will the ACOut 2 try and run on inverter for a fraction of a second and overload the inverter just prior to disconnecting? I understand using the assistant overrides the existing logic and we would use ACOut 2 for heavy loads.

If mains and generator are both available will the transfer switch change form Generator to Mains and back again continuously at the rate the assistants are polled?

Anyway, this function would be great implemented in the setup menus but failing that maybe assistants can help. As mentioned, AND and OR functions would be welcomed.

2 |3000

Related Resources