question

magus avatar image
magus asked

How to Backfeed to Grid from Multi with PV

Hi,

i'm running a Multi 12/500 in my Van, combined with 150Ah LiFePo4 Batteries, MPPT and 200Wp PV.

Is it possible to feed unsused Energy back to the Grid if it's not used for Charging the Batterie?

Do i use ESS for that?

Thanks in Advance.

Multiplus-IIESSgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
denzel avatar image
denzel answered ·

Hi,

Yes you could use ESS, select the feed excess option .

Regards

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

magus avatar image magus commented ·

the option is missing, is there a must for a GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
denzel avatar image denzel magus commented ·

Yeah for ESS you need a GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
magus avatar image magus denzel commented ·

well ok, then i'll grab a raspberry pi and see how far i get.

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
magus avatar image magus magus commented ·

Doesn't work, it starts feeding, reduces the wattage and then gets back to charging. Any Ideas or suggestions where i can read?

0 Likes 0 ·
ceriw avatar image
ceriw answered ·

If its installed in a van, this means you have some form of mains connector that you can unplug to drive?

If this is the case, you should not set up ESS as the plug connector can remain live for some time after disconnection.

1 comment
2 |3000

magus avatar image magus commented ·

actually i thought i would only use and activate it manully if the van is @home (like now for ex.)

but i am open for good suggestions, i'm only sad to waste the energy

0 Likes 0 ·
magus avatar image
magus answered ·

Doesn't work.

It starts feeding for a short time, than reduces the wattage and gets back to charging. Any Ideas or suggestions where i can read?

2 |3000