question

julio-georgiou avatar image
julio-georgiou asked

Does Bluesolar MPPT 100/30 have storage mode?

I have a Multiplus Compact 12/800 working in parallel with a Bluesolar MPPT 100/30 charge controller on a boat that is only used sporadically on weekends. Does the solar source prevent the batteries from being held at a storage mode voltage of 13.2V ? Do the MPPT controllers have a storage mode incorporated in their charging algorithm?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Julio Georgiou,

sorry but the answer is no. The MPPT has adaptive 3-stage charging - bulk, absorption and float. No specific storage mode. And IMO a storage mode with an MPPT controller wouldn't make much sense since during night the MPPT shut down anyway and as soon as the new day starts, a new charge cycle begins.

What you can do is set up custom charge profile with a float voltage at 13.2V and use this profile as soon as you leave your boat.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

porcini avatar image
porcini answered ·

Well, just install a breaker and disconnect the pv panels from the charger when you leave your boat. You could also add a bluetooth dongle and disable the charger as long as multiplus has shore power.

2 |3000

xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

I've had two 100/30 SmartSolar chargers in my system for a couple of years now. Yesterday I fitted an IP22 12|30(1) charger. During the night the IP22 went into Storage mode (my settings), this morning when the sun came up the two MPPT's show their state as 'Storage'. I have never seen the MPPT's display 'Storage' before and assume they receive this from the IP22 over VE.Smart networking.

The Lithiums are sat at ~90% and the charger is supplying the loads, lights, phones, router etc.

Just love this Victron stuff

2 |3000