question

mahdi avatar image
mahdi asked

Editing and removing custom presets in Smart Solar

I have made a couple of battery presets and would like to delete one. I press the blue remove button but nothing happens. I also cannot save changes when I edit a preset.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

VictronConnectsmart solar set-up helpbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for reporting @mahdi and @chrisngrod, I've passed it on to the developers. Apologies in the mean time and it will be fixed in a future update.

EDIT - UPDATE - This problem is now fixed in beta, and will be available in the general release soon. Now here for testing - Download VictronConnect v5.21beta3

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chrisngrod avatar image
chrisngrod answered ·

Running into the same issue.

2 |3000

mr-m avatar image
mr-m answered ·

Same here can’t edit or delete my own presets?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

As Guy Stewart wrote 2 days ago it is a known issue and I guess it will be fixed in the next VictronConnect update.

0 Likes 0 ·
kami71 avatar image
kami71 answered ·

Same here.

Remove the battery preset is imposible click the button and nothing happens.
FInd the button in the german app is another bug. I only see "Voreinstellungen E..."

1 comment
2 |3000

kami71 avatar image kami71 commented ·

This problem is fixed in

VictronConnect v5.21beta3

0 Likes 0 ·
allan-fraser avatar image
allan-fraser answered ·

I am experiencing the same problem (inability to edit a user defined Battery Preset). To help the developers, here are the details of my config and the problems I am seeing.

Config:

• 2 * SmartSolar MPPT 100/30s running firmware v1.46 and Bluetooth interface v2.23 and bootloader v1.10. (Each 100/30 has 2 * 135 watt panels in series.)
  • The battery bank is 4 * 125Ah Lifeline AGM batteries in parallel.
  • VictronConnect v5.20 running on a MacBook Air, an iPad and an iPhone.

Diagnostics:

• The rotary switches in the 100/30s are in position 2 (the default).
  • Shortly after taking delivery of the boat about 9 months ago, I used VictronConnect to change the Float voltage on both 100/30s from the default 13.8 to 13.4. I didn’t notice at the time but presume the Battery Preset value would have changed from “Rotary Switch” to “User Defined”.
  • A month or so ago I used the Equalization features on VictronConnect to condition the batteries (charging them at 15.6v for 4 * 1 hr per the manufacturer’s instructions).
  • Today, using VictronConnect on the MacBook I created a Profile called “Lifeline AGM” on MPPT controller A. I used Edit Presets to view the parameter values and then edit those that weren’t correct. I then clicked on the SAVE CHANGES button, highlighted in blue. No response and when I exited Edit Presets and went back in again, the parameters hadn’t changed value.
  • I tried a few options such as switching off Charger Enabled and enabling Expert Mode but I was unable to get the parameters to change.
  • When I checked the other MPPT controller I was surprised to find that the Battery Profile was “Lifeline AGM” - but I had no joy changing the profile’s parameter values.
  • When I checked the controllers using my iPad and iPhone, the Battery Profile of both controllers was still “User Defined” and the profile “Lifeline AGM” was nowhere to be seen.
  • I used my iPad to create a profile called “Lifeline AGM ipad” on controller B. As anticipated, I was unable to edit the parameter values the profile was populated with. Controller A picked up this profile but again I was unable to edit it. And when I checked using the MacBook and my iPhone, the profile “Lifeline AGM ipad” was nowhere to be seen.

Hope that helps.

And a couple of questions:

1. What is Expert Mode and when does it have to be enabled?
  2. To edit (or delete) a profile, is it necessary to do any of the following: enable Expert Mode, disable Charging, disconnect the panels, power the MPPT controller off then on again?

Thank you

2 |3000

allan-fraser avatar image
allan-fraser answered ·

I have downloaded VictronConnect v5.21 Beta 6 to my MacBook and subsequently BlueTooth Interface 2.25 and Charger Firmware 1.50 to my MPPT 100/30s.

Initially I thought that the main problem (inability to create, edit, save and select a new Battery Preset) was fixed but further testing has revealed that this isn’t the case. Here are the details:

• I did manage to edit, save and select the Battery Preset “Lifeline AGM” that I created yesterday using v1.46 but which, using v1.46, I could edit but couldn’t save.
  • However I was unable to create another Preset. Here’s what I tried.
    • With Battery Preset containing “LifelineAGM”, when I click on the drop down list, the Create Preset option is greyed out.
    • I changed the changed the Float Voltage from the Settings window which caused the Battery Preset to change to User Defined. On the drop down, Create Preset is now available …. selected that, keyed in the name of the new Preset “test preset” and clicked on OK. Nothing happened. Exited the Create Preset function to go into Edit Preset and the new Preset “test preset” isn’t listed. Nor is it listed when you go into Select Preset.
    • In a nutshell, v1.50 doesn’t allow you to create a new Preset.
  • I was able to Remove the Preset “Lifeline AGM” (but now can’t recreate it). Incidentally, when I did this, the Preset was removed from both controllers which suggests the Preset definition is stored with VictronConnect on the Mac and not on the controllers (but this could be incorrect.)

Can I respectfully request that before another Beta is released a complete test of all of the Preset “use cases” is carried out. For example: create new Preset, edit and save Preset, select Preset and check that it works, edit and save Preset with different values, select updated Preset and check that new values work, create another new Preset, edit and save this second Preset, select second Preset and check that it works, switch back to first one and check that it works, ditto with the pre-defined presets, remove the second Preset and check that first one is still working. A lot of testing I know but the ongoing problems point to a distinct lack of rigour in the testing regime thus far.

Thank you

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows