question

bmac avatar image
bmac asked

EasySolar - mppt & multiplus different V readings

EasySolar 3000 48V with 150/70 MPPT

Viewing through CCGX the MPPT is reading 0.2 to 0.3 volts higher than the Multi.

Why is this? Can it be calibrated?

Thanks.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bmac avatar image
bmac answered ยท

bump.....!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ยท

Hi @bmac

I see similar on my Easy 5000. In my case 0.20V - 0.25V difference even overnight, so charging currents don't apply and load is very light. The mppt being the higher reading, and also the one that matches my multimeter.

I've been aware of it for years, but never worried about it, as I don't often use the genny. Nor do I know of any way via software to calibrate it. I've a Smartshunt coming soon, and will likely set up with that using DVCC and SharedVoltageSense to bring them together.

So you're not alone, and it shouldn't really be like this. Maybe there's a pot onboard the Multi's pcb to adjust it, and perhaps a Victron tech could advise re that.

1 comment
2 |3000

bmac avatar image bmac commented ยท

Hi John,

i do use my genny a bit, not necassarily to charge but when i run power tools rather than hitting the battery.

I recently switched off DVCC based on feedback from place i bought the unit from trying to sort out other problems with the unit.

By switching off DVCC that is where the difference really stands out. The MPPT thinks it's charged the battery then I plug the genny in and it's putting in another 4-500 W.

The two readings can't be correct at the same time.

I can now see the difference in my batteries being a lower voltage each morning with the DVCC off.

So something is not right - the 2 charge algorithms are not aligned. Are my batteries getting properly charged now?

I also would like a response from someone from Victron tech about this.

Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ยท